Refurbishments & Closings - Disney World & Universal Studios
- Pooh's Playful Spot, Mickey’s Toontown Fair, Ariel's Grotto, Scuttle's Landing All Closed due to the expansion of Fantasyland for several months.
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
Closed Jan 9 thru Feb 17, 2012 - Dumbo the Flying Elephant is closed.
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Closed Jan 9 thru May 27, 2012 - Big Thunder Mountain Railroad is closed.
- Liberty Square Riverboat
Closed Jan 28 thru Feb 3, 2012 - Liberty Square Riverboat is closed.
Disney's Hollywood Studios®
Closed Jan 9 - Feb 12, 2012: will not run.
- Closed Now - Dec. 3, 2011: Park will be closed for annual refurbishment.
- Closed Dec. 4, 2011 - March 17, 2012: Park will be closed for annual refurbishment.
Downtown Disney® Area
- Resurfacing Jan 4-10, 2012: Perimeter road around parking lots O, P, and Q resurfacing.
- Resurfacing Jan 17-27, 2012: Parking lot K resurfacing.
- Construction Started on Splitsville, a 50,000-square-foot upscale entertainment center that combines bowling with billiards, dining, music and nightlife. To make way for Splitsville, RIDEMAKERZ has temporarily moved from the West Side to the Marketplace, in a portion of Team Mickey.
- Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
- Nov. 28 - Dec. 23, 2011: Touchups and replacements of decorative rockwork will take place at Fantasia Pool. The pool will remain open.
- Jan. 23 - Feb. 10, 2012: Beverage cooler installation in Guest rooms. Installation will take place one floor at a time between 9am and 5pm. Guests will be notified via an in-room flier the day before the work is scheduled to take place.
- DisneyÕs BoardWalk Resort
- Disney's All-Star Music Resort
- Now - Dec. 2, 2011: Refurbishment will take place on the roadway from the porte- cochere, by the check-in parking lot, through the bus stop area (near Melody Hall) and near buildings 3, 4 and 5. Work will take place on sections at a time so Guests continue to have places to park.
- Dec. 21, 2011 - Feb. 1, 2012: Light poles will be installed at Calypso Pool. The pool will remain open.
- Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
- Now - Dec. 2, 2011: Parking lots will be rejuvenated near Sports buildings 5, 6, and 7. Work will take place on sections at a time so Guests continue to have places to park.
- Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge Resort
- Dec. 7, 2011 - Jan. 6, 2012: Bus stop lanes will be repaved.
- Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
- Disney's Boardwalk Resort
- Nov. 28, 2011 - Jan. 13, 2012: Exterior staircase slate replacement (from Lobby level back porch area to BoardWalk shopping/dining level).
- Nov. 30 - Dec. 28, 2011: Roadway rejuvenation will take place on the main entrance road to the Conference Center turn, including the bus stop area, through exit, and ADA and VIP parking lots. Work will take place in sections.
- Disney's Contemporary Resort
- Now - Dec. 9, 2011: Door lock upgrades. Letters will be placed in the rooms advising Guests the door locks will be replaced. Guest will not need to get new keys as their existing Key to the World cards will work with the new lock.
- Dec. 12, 2011 - Jan. 4, 2012: The Fantasia level of the Convention Center will be repainted and undergo carpet replacement.
- Jan. 16 - March 30, 2012: Contemporary Main Tower balcony wall panel refinishing.
- Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
- Nov. 30 - Dec. 28, 2011: Roadway rejuvenation will take place in the bus lane from the security kiosk to the Convention Center and Convention Lot A.
- Jan. 6 - March 5, 2012: Cabanas parking lot rejuvenation.
- Jan. 9 - Apr. 6, 2012: The Ranchos buildings will undergo exterior repair and repainting.
- Jan. 10 - Feb. 7, 2012: The Casitas 1 plaza fountain wall and coping will be repaired.
- Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
- Dec. 1, 2011 - Feb. 10, 2012: Repaving will occur in several roadway sections within the Resort and Loop 2100.
- Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Now - Mid 2013: As part of the some planned changes for Disney's Grand Floridian Resort, there's currently construction going on near the Grand Floridian Spa. The spa will temporarily close on Sept 19 and reopen in approx. 18 months. During this construction, the Fitness Center will remain open. Guests may be referred to The Spa at Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort for spa services.
- Jan 3-6, 2012: The Canal near the Wedding Pavilion will be cleaned.
- Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort
- Nov. 28 - Dec. 12, 2011: Bricks will be replaced on Live Oak Lodge (the main building), affecting the first floor. Elevator use will be restricted Nov. 28 - Dec. 3, 2011.
- Dec. 2-18, 2011: Signals will be under refurbishment. The Tide Me Over quick- service restaurant will remain open during this time.
- Jan. 2-Feb. 25, 2012: DisneyÕs Beach House will be closed for refurbishment. This includes regular beach access, the Beach House pool, Signals and Big Buoy Arcade. Beach access will be available via a shuttle to an alternate location. The Big Dipper and Little Dipper pools and Tide Me Over quick-service restaurant will remain open during this work.
- Disney's Old Key West Resort
- Jan. 30 - April 23, 2012: Olivia's building will undergo metal roof repairs.
- Disney's Polynesian Resort
- Jan. 4-16, 2012: Beach sand will be re-nourished.
- Jan. 30 - Feb. 10, 2012: Rockwork clear coat applied at Nanea Volcano Pool.
- Disney's Pop Century Resort
- Now - Nov 18, 2011: Concrete Deck at Hippy Dippy Pool repairs. The pool will remain open during this time, but some small sections of the pool deck will be closed for repairs periodically throughout this timeframe.
- Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter
- Now - March 30, 2012: Main commercial building flat roof replacement
- Jan. 3-6, 2012: Perimeter roadway rejuvenation.
- Jan. 9 - Feb. 6, 2012: Entry fence replacement.
- Jan. 13 - March 13, 2012: Buildings 6 & 7 roadway rejuvenation.
- Jan. 23 - March 19, 2012: Builiding 3 parking lot rejuvenation.
- Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside
- Now - Nov. 18, 2011: Alligator Bayou Building 37 will undergo building and room refurbishment.
- Now - Nov. 19, 2011: The restrooms at the leisure pool near Magnolia Bend Buildings 90 and 95 will be closed but the pool will remain open.
- Now - Mar. 30, 2012: Alligator Bayou buildings will undergo exterior repainting.
- Nov. 22 - Dec. 9, 2011: Alligator Bayou Building 38 will undergo building and room refurbishment.
- Nov. 29 - Dec. 16, 2011: Alligator Bayou Building 39 will undergo building and room refurbishment.
- Dec. 7, 2011 - Jan. 6, 2012: Roadway rejuvenation will occur in various sections throughout the Resort.
- Jan. 15 - Feb. 17, 2012: Magnolia Bend - Building 90 - Building and room refurbishment.
- Feb. 19 - March 23, 2012: Magnolia Bend - Building 95 - Building and room refurbishment.
- Jan. 23-27, 2012: Alligator Bayou - Buildings 14 & 15 parking lot resurfacing.
- Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
- Now - Jan. 27, 2012: The Performance Center building will undergo shingle roof replacement.
- Now - Summer 2012: One villa building will be closed and painted at a time. Painting will occur Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Jan. 9 - March 23, 2012: Rockwork painting at High Rock Springs Pool.
- Disney's Wilderness Lodge
- Now - Nov. 30, 2011: The cedar-shake roof of the Villas walkway will be replaced.
- Jan. 30 - Feb. 17, 2012: Teton Boat and Bike Rental Marina dock deck board replacement.
- Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resorts
- Now - Dec. 7, 2011: Yacht Club stamped concrete walkways will be re-stained.
- Now - Dec. 30, 2011: Convention Center exterior repairs and painting.
- Now - Aug. 3, 2012: The Yacht Club building exterior will undergo repairs and refinishing.
- Dec. 5-28, 2011: The lobby of the Convention Center will be refurbished.
- Jan. 9 - Feb. 21, 2012: Rockwork touchup painting at Stormalong Bay Pool.
- Jan. 9 - Sep. 28, 2012: Rooftop HVAC hot water piping replacement.
* All dates are subject to change.
Universal Studios Florida®
- Coming Soon!
Islands of Adventure®
- Coming Soon!
Plan your visit...
- Leap's Crowd Calendar
Expected crowds, park hours & more
- When to Visit
Special events, packing & seasonal travel
- Which Ticket
Choosing the best ticket, Orlando attractions
- Where to Stay
On or off-site considerations, reservations
- How to Get Here
Air travel, car rental, driving info
- What to Eat
Restaurants, menus, character dining, ADRs
- On Vacation
Skip the Lines, family travel, park tips
- What to Do
Frog TOURS, rides, shows & parades
- Moving Around
Parking, resort transportation, directions
- After Your Trip
Fun stuff, keep in touch, videos