It's time for the Frog Family's weekly roundup of Disney and Orlando theme park tidbits from the interwebs.
This week's highlights:
- Tad and Lily seem to get into the Halloween spirit earlier and earlier each year, so they are delighted that the festivities have already begun. By festivities, I mean Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party in the Magic Kingdom, which kicked off Tuesday night. The Frog Family was there to experience it first-hand, and I am looking forward to seeing Tad's video (which he is editing between homework assignments).
- Get your DVRs ready because ABC Family has announced its 13 days of Halloween programming starting October 19. This year's lineup includes "Monster House," "Poltergeist III" and Lily's (and Mommy Frog's) favorite "Hocus Pocus." I've already caught Mommy Frog singing "I put a spell on you" while she does work around the house.
- The Orlando Sentinel got a sneak peek inside the Silent Hill haunted house at Universal Orlando's Halloween Horror Nights. You will be scared out of your mind.
- The Magic Kingdom will be serving alcohol for the first time in its history when it opens Be Our Guest restaurant. What do you think of the decision?
- SeaWorld Orlando has announced a kids dine free offer at Dine With Shamu until December 31.
- Disney took us Under the Sea with Ariel and Prince Eric, giving us the first photos from the new Fantasyland attraction scheduled to open officially on December 6.
- In more Fantasyland news, a new set of pins will be available for your collection. A few will be limited edition to commemorate the opening.
- Bret Michaels is coming to the Velvet Sessions at Hard Rock Hotel on September 27.
- Disney's much-anticipated Epic Mickey 2 will be available for the just-announced Nintendo Wii U, which goes on sale November 18.
- In case you missed it, guest blogger Ashley Nichols of Theme Park Foodie offered her five tips for enjoying the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, which kicks off September 28.
That's all for this week. Until next week, happy planning!