Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here Are This Week’s Theme Park Highlights:
- Magic is hoppening just around the corner at Disneyland Park! An all-new parade, "Magic Happens," is set to premiere Feb. 28, 2020. New floats celebrating "Frozen 2," "Moana" and "Coco" will make their debuts, featuring favorite characters such as Moana, Pua and Maui, Anna, Elsa, Olaf, Sven and Kristoff, and Miguel and Dante. The parade's grand finale will highlight some magical moments in Disney movie history, including the happily-ever-after scene from "Sleeping Beauty," with Princess Aurora’s gown shimmering between hues of pink and blue thanks to her trio of fairy godmothers. We toadally can't wait! Who are you most excited to see?
- You'll now have even more opportunities to visit a galaxy far, far away! Disney's Hollywood Studios has extended its operating hours through end of January 2020, as well as adding evening Extra Magic Hours to the schedule. This is especially great news for families hopping to Walt Disney World Resort for the holidays and hoping to jump on the all new Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance attraction! Don't froget, you'll need to join the virtual queue to be able to ride! Check out our full post for a step-by-step walkthrough of the process.
- Are you ready to lace up those sneakers and run with the minions, Shrek and Donkey, Blue the Velociraptor and Autobots and Decepticons through Universal Orlando Resort? (OK, you might catch us running from those last two.) Universal revealed the characters you can expect to find as you race through Universal's Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios Florida in the first-ever Running Universal Epic Character Race on the weekend of Feb. 1, 2020. How fun! Tad is toadally ready for the 5K.
- Raise your hand if you remember the decoder cards guests used to receive at the Indiana Jones Adventure attraction at Disneyland Park while you waited to head into the Temple of the Forbidden Eye! (I know, I know, I am toadally dating myself.) Anyway, great news! The fan-favorite decoder of the past is available again ... and it's gone digital! While waiting to board your transport, you can now use the Play Disney Parks app to decode the ancient glyphs in the queue in "Indiana Jones Adventure - The Gifts of Mara." Just remember to "Keep your Eye on the Globe."
- The all-new Cirque du Soleil show at Disney Springs has a name: "Drawn to Life!" "Drawn to Life" will follow the story of Julie, a girl who discovers that her late father left her the gift of an unfinished animation piece. Guided by a surprising pencil, she begins a quest featuring her Disney childhood memories. The show will open for previews March 20, 2020, and will officially debut April 17, 2020. Tickets are available for purchase now!
- Beaches & Cream Soda Shop at Disney's Beach Club Resort will reopen on Dec. 26, 2019. Hop on in to see the new-and-improved space or try out some of the new menu items! (Oh, how we've missed you, Kitchen Sink!)
- In even more sweet news, Toothsome Chocolate Emporium is coming to Universal CityWalk Hollywood! Toothsome Chocolate Emporium & Savory Feast Kitchen will replace Hard Rock Cafe sometime in 2021. (You can currently catch the fan-favorite dessert spot at Universal CityWalk in Orlando.) Drool.
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.