Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here are this week’s theme park highlights:
- We dropped our copy of "Hogwarts - A History" after learning of the A Celebration of Harry Potter 2018 dates. Wizards and muggles are set to celebrate all things Potter at Universal Orlando Resort Jan 26-28. While no details were released, you can read our recap of last year's event to get an idea of all the wizardly fun.
- SPOILER ALERT - With Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios Hollywood's annular reign of terror starting today, we're getting our first look at some of the mazes. Take a peek at what awaits you inside "The Shining" maze. If you'd rather see it for yourself first, our Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood Survival Guide will give you an idea of what to expect during this popular event.
- Have you indulged in the Epcot International Food and Wine festival yet? This delightful and delicious event sends foodies into a frenzy with creative dishes from around the world. One of the must-attend events is the annual Party for the Senses. Check out the six things you need to know about this can't-miss culinary experience.
- Ready to get your "kicks" in at LEGOLAND California? The park — along with Legoland Discovery Centers across America — will be celebrating the release of "The LEGO Ninjago Movie" on Sept 22. During LEGO Ninjago Days, guests will participate in LEGO building activities, a ninja skills challenge and meet Kai, the Red Ninja.
- One of Epcot's best dining spots is offering a great deal for kids. Restaurant Marrakesh —Morocco's table-service restaurant — is giving kids a free henna with the purchase of any kids meal. Baklava and henna? YES!
- We were sad to hear of the passing of Disney Imagineer Frances Xavier 'X' Atencio. You may not know his name, but you know his work. He was the co-writer of Haunted Mansion and the lead writer on Pirates of the Caribbean, as well as the co-writer of the famous songs “Yo Ho (A Pirate’s Life for Me)” and "Grim Grinning Ghosts."
- Spooky Disneyland Resort Halloween Treats that are sure to vanish into our bellies have arrived. Guests and ghouls will delight in sweets such as Dreamsicle Beignets, a Bat Wing Rasberry Sundae and the Anti-Vampire Pizza. Halloween Time at Disneyland Resort begins today!
- Disney World is bringing back Disney After Hours Events in 2018. These limited extra-ticket events allow guests to explore Magic Kingdom from 7 p.m. to 11p.m. or midnight, depending on the day. The benefit to this event is experiencing attractions such as Seven Dwarfs Mine Train or Space Mountain with little to no wait time, as well as hanging with Disney characters for meet-and-greets.
- A Fear The Walking Dead Survival attraction has opened in Las Vegas. Based on the AMC show, the experience places guests into the world of the Walkers. Zombies in Las Vegas? Thanks, but I can see them on the casino floors at 3 a.m. for free. Ah, that will never get old.
- And finally, we've hopped down to Florida for tonight's opening night of Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Orlando. Follow our frightful adventures on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. If you're heading to the event, peek through our Halloween Horror Nights 27 Survival Guide for tips on all the terror. We have scary good discounts on Halloween Horror Nights Flex Sunday-Friday tickets to the event as well.
That’s it for the theme park news this week. Have a great weekend.