Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, Universal Orlando, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
This week’s theme park news highlights:
- For all of you "Frozen" aficionados, there is good news. Starting Jan. 31, movie-goers can sing along to the film -- with onscreen lyrics to help them out!
- Universal stopped short of providing us with a date for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter expansion, but we got lots of new details about the new area.
- There is a new walk-up, quick-service option at Downtown Disney's House of Blues for barbecue. I'm filing that away for our next visit!
- There was lots of news and how-to information this week regarding Disney World RFID tickets and FastPass+ in the parks. Expect more in the coming weeks as Disney continues its MyMagic+ testing.
- Our very favorite deluxe Disney hotel, Disney's Wilderness Lodge, has been awarded a coveted AAA four diamond status, joining other Disney resorts, including Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo House, Disney's Polynesian Resort and Disney's Beach Club Resort.
- For those of you looking forward to your next trip to Disney World, our popular Park Hopper 3 Day Plus Extra Day Free ticket is back!! Save $25 off the gate price with this ticket.
- Spice Road Table officially opened in Epcot this week, and the Disney Parks Blog took the opportunity to share some images of this absolutely stunning restaurant.
- SeaWorld Orlando wraps up its Wild Days this weekend. Here's a recap from last weekend plus more pics from the park.
- D23: The Official Disney Fan Club could be coming to a city near you this fall, with more special events throughout the year.
That’s it for the theme park news this week. Have a great weekend!
If you’re thinking about a trip to Disney World, make sure to check out the other news, tips and information we post to the blog throughout the week. If you’re ready to plan your trip, we recommend you start with our planning pages.
— Mommy Frog