Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here are this week’s theme park highlights:
- Disney California Adventure inside Disneyland Resort is adding a “completely immersive Super Hero universe,” action-packed with characters from Marvel favorites such as Guardians of the Galaxy, the Avengers and Spider-Man, in 2020. The new Marvel-themed land, which will include new attractions, a live show and more, will be constructed around Guardians of the Galaxy — Mission: BREAKOUT! and replace the existing "bug's land," which is set to close in late summer. "It's Tough to Be a Bug" has already closed to make way for the Super Hero land. Tad is already SO ready for this!
- Daily showings of The Nighttime Lights at Hogwarts Castle are making a return to Universal Studios Hollywood on March 24 just in time for spring break! The colorful show honoring the four Hogwarts houses will take place nightly until March 31. We're so hoppy that all of our pals visiting the West Coast will get a chance to see this gorgeous display!
- Tickets went on sale this week for Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party and Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party at Walt Disney World. The annual Halloween party will take place for 34 nights beginning Aug. 17, and the Christmas festivities will take over Magic Kingdom for 22 nights starting Nov. 8. We'll be offering discount tickets soon, so get ready to hop on it!
- Disney World's iconic Pirates of the Caribbean reopened this week without the famous "auction bride" scene. "Redd" is now a pirate who has just pillaged the town's rum supply. Argh!
- 'Tis the season to be jolly! This week, Universal Orlando Resort unveiled its Christmas festivities coming for 2018. Many of last year's favorites will return, such as Christmas in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, Grinchmas and Universal's Holiday Parade featuring Macy's. The holiday fun takes place Nov. 17 through Jan. 6.
- SeaWorld Orlando's Seven Seas Food Festival continues this weekend with another great concert lineup. America takes stage Saturday at 5 p.m., and the Eli Young Band will rock out at the same time on Sunday. With delicious food and hoppin' entertainment, spring is officially our favorite time of year to visit SeaWorld! Hop over to read all the reasons we love this festival.
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.