Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here Are This Week's Theme Park Highlights:
- Get ready to set sail with ease this summer! As part of its 25th-anniversary celebration, MagicBand+ technology will be integrated into all of the Disney Cruise Line experiences! The new tool, which is called DisneyBand+, will allow guests to access their rooms, pay for purchases and explore magical interactive features throughout their voyage. Starting this summer, guests 3 years of age and older can include these resilient, water-proof bands in their cruising journeys.
- Hop into some egg-citing Easter fun this weekend at Knott's Berry Farm! The Easter Beagle, Snoopy himself, will be hoppily greeting guests in Camp Snoopy from April 7-9 only.
- During the 2023 Disney Shareholders Meeting, CEO Bob Iger highlighted some frogciting Disney projects! Iger gave an update on the new interactive trail at EPCOT — Journey of Water, Inspired by Moana. The new attraction will give guests the opportunity to playfully engage with the water, just as Moana did. A live-action "Moana" film is also in development from Walt Disney Studios, with Dwayne Johnson reprising his role of Maui.
- Walt Disney World Resort will resume annual pass sales this month! Beginning April 20, the Disney Incredi-Pass, Disney Sorcerer Pass and Disney Pirate Pass will be available for purchase on Disney's website. Passholders now receive access to select Disney PhotoPass benefits (age restrictions apply). And as reported previously, starting April 18, annual passholders can visit the theme parks after 2 p.m. without needing a park reservation, except on Saturdays and Sundays at Magic Kingdom Park.
- Wahoo! The Super Mario Bros. Plumbing van has made an appearance at Universal Orlando Resort! On April 5, just ahead of the release of the Super Mario Bros movie, the van appeared in Universal Orlando Citywalk, right in front of the Universal Cinemark Movie Theater. Universal has not confirmed how long the van will be on display. What a toadtastic photo opportunity!
- Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio revealed a first look at its newest Wild Mouse roller coaster. Although the new attraction hasn't officially opened to the public yet, the coaster is undergoing test runs in preparation for its first launch. Starting May 6, Cedar Point will reopen for the season. Guests might just be able to catch a glimpse of this free-form spinning ride then!
- Fun will be in full swing during the Disneyland After Dark event, Throwback Nite! This special, after-hours event will transport guests to the dapper days of the 1950s and 60s. Guests will be able to enjoy a vintage fireworks show and various retro recipes throughout the night, such as the Reuben Burger and an Orange-Vanilla Cream Soda. Sounds froglicious! Food and event guides for this limited-time event can now be found on the Disneyland app!
- Due to popular demand, our best deal is back! You can now get Walt Disney World Resort adult tickets at child prices. For a limited time, Undercover Tourist is offering this deal for savings of up to $100 per ticket (excludes 1-Day and 2-Day tickets) until midnight April 11. Tickets purchased through this deal are valid through December 2023. If plans change, all of Undercover Tourist tickets are backed by a 365-day refund policy if wholly unused.
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.