It's time for the Frog Family's weekly roundup of Disney and Orlando theme park tidbits from the interwebs.
We love comments! Drop us a line below if you have something to share.
This week’s highlights:
- Need a reason to visit Walt Disney World in 2013? The Disney Parks Blog has offered up 13 of them. I know Lily's personal favorite is the opening of Princess Fairytale Hall in New Fantasyland. This will be the new home for Aurora, Cinderella and the other princesses. (Building the suspense, Disney has not revealed the others, although we do see Tiana in the rendering.)
- Just living the dream, this California couple made a visit to Disneyland every day in 2012 -- yep, even Leap Day.
- For all of you “Cars” fans, you can get a closer look at "Destination: Cars Land," the debut Rose Parade float inspired by Disney California Adventure’s Cars Land.
- A number of limited-edition pins will make their debut at the Disney parks in 2013, including a collection of “Remember When” pins with an edition size of 750.
- Disney is marking the year, of course, with its other 2013 merchandise as well. The Mickey mugs are already on Mommy Frog's must-get list!
- Mice Chat reviews the changes expected for Disney’s ever-popular dining plan in 2013.
- Behind the Thrills pays tribute to Universal Studio’s JAWS: The Ride, which closed for good Jan. 2 of last year.
- Orlando Informer goes beyond 2013, looking at some of the changes that should be in order for Islands of Adventure after the new attractions slated for Universal Studios open.
- Rumors are afoot that LEGOLAND Florida has abandoned plans for a Pirates Shore land. What would go in its place is the question on Tad's mind.
- I couldn’t resist including one final “best of” list from 2012, and this one is sure to please: It’s the Top 5 Disney Parks recipes and includes the S'Mores Bake from Big Thunder Ranch BBQ in Disneyland.
That’s all for this week. Until next week, happy planning!