Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, Universal Orlando, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
This week’s theme park highlights:
- Disney's Hollywood Studios has announced a Frozen Holiday Premium Package that will be offered November 7 – 19, November 21 – December 9 and December 11 – January 4, 2015. The Frozen Holiday Premium Package includes reserved seating for “For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration,” reserved viewing of the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights, a Frozen-themed dessert party and select Frozen merchandise. The cost of the Frozen Holiday Premium Package is $89 per adult and $59 per child. While the price of the Frozen Holiday Premium Package may be prohibitive for many of you, if you are visiting on the most crowded days during the holiday season, it may be a stress-saver to splurge on the package to avoid the hassle of having to try to get a return time of the Frozen Sing-Along and space at the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights, since this can get quite crowded. Let us know if you decide to purchase the Frozen Holiday Premium Package and why.
- Actor Jonathan Groff (who voiced Kristoff in "Frozen") and Joe Morton from "Scandal" have been confirmed as additional narrators at this year's Epcot Candlelight Processional.
- Time Magazine took a look at just how much Disney World has grown in its 43 years, and the results might astound you — the resort is now roughly the size of San Francisco!
- For you Halloween fans, it's the most wonderful time of the year, and one of the big highlights of the season at Disneyland is the Haunted Mansion gingerbread house, which changes every year. Click through to watch a time-lapse video of this year's creation!
- The Paul Bunyan Lumberjack Show, a business based in Kissimmee, Fla., is headed to Epcot starting Oct. 5. The group will produce a Canadian Lumberjack Show that will be held next to the Canada Pavillion.
- Best of luck to those of you who are running in The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler this weekend. The merchandise looks terrifyingly terrific!
- Brick-Or-Treat kicks off this weekend at LEGOLAND Florida with fun Halloween activities for the kids, including a scavenger hunt in Miniland, LEGO ghost build, trick-or-treating and a costume contest. Brick-Or-Treat is held every weekend in October.
- Also this weekend, SeaWorld's Halloween Spooktacular kicks off with trick-or-treating, "fantasea" characters and photo ops, and a live DJ, bubbles and crafts in Penelope's Party Zone. Both of these events are super fun for the little ones (Lily loves them both), and they are included with regular admission!
- Nascar Sports Grille is set to close at Universal CityWalk® on Nov. 1, and no replacement has been announced for the massive restaurant located at the edge of CityWalk.
- There was a joyful reunion at SeaWorld San Diego last week as a U.S. Marine sargeant returned home from a 7-month deployment and surprised his children during the One Ocean show.
That’s it for the theme park news this week. Have a great weekend!
If you’re thinking about a trip to Disney World, make sure to check out the other news, tips and information we post to the blog throughout the week. If you’re ready to plan your trip, we recommend you start with our planning pages.