We know ... you're all still mourning the departure of The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights, which was the main holiday event taking place at Disney's Hollywood Studios for so many years. We are too! Luckily, Hollywood Studios has really stepped up its Christmas game to bring Christmas joy and fun throughout the entire park.
The offerings at Disney's Hollywood Studios, kicking off Nov. 11, 2022, capture all of the magic of the holidays with a fun, modern twist, featuring some of your favorite characters. Some events, such as Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!, have not returned, but we're hoppy that Sunset Seasons Greetings is back for 2022, along with Minnie's Holiday Dine at Hollywood & Vine and the Frozen Sing-Along Celebration has a festive finale with surprises. Plus, Santa Claus himself cruises down Hollywood Boulevard in a festive motorcade!
We're here to share all of the hoppin' happiness available for your enjoyment during the holiday season at Disney's Hollywood Studios.
Enjoying Disney's Hollywood Studios Holiday Lights and Festivities
Disney's Hollywood Studios has a bunch of fun holiday decor sprinkled around the park (though you won't typically find any in Toy Story Land or Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge). From Santa Gertie to the red and white stars that line Sunset Boulevard, the park deserves a Hollywood star for its festive flashiness.
Minnie's Seasonal Dining at Hollywood & Vine
Minnie Mouse is hosting a yuletide gathering for all her friends at Hollywood & Vine, typically held from early November to early January. Santa Goofy joins the celebration, along with Minnie, Mickey and Pluto in their holiday best. They are only available during lunch and dinner times (the Disney Junior Pals are at breakfast), so double check your reservation time to confirm you have the right character experience. Check out our frog family foodie review for more details!
A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration Holiday Show (Confirmed for 2022)
Catch the Arendelle historians, Anna, Elsa and Kristoff recount the story of their kingdom and sing along to your favorite musical moments from the movie. The holiday edition features a special festive finale with a surprise appearance from a certain snowman and songs from "Olaf's Frozen Adventure."
Sunset Seasons Greetings at Disney's Hollywood Studios (Confirmed for 2022)
You know it's the holiday season when the Tower of Terror turns into The Hollywood Toy Hotel. Sunset Seasons Greetings lights up Sunset Boulevard with dazzling projections and more falling "snow" on both the street's billboards and the Hollywood Tower Hotel. Holiday scenes featuring Mickey, Minnie, Olaf, Woody, Buzz and more come to life with tons of captivating color. This show takes place intermittently most nights, so it's perfect to catch in passing on your way to or from Rock 'n' Roller Coaster.
The holiday projections alternate with the tower’s nightly transformation into a Beacon of Magic for Disney World's 50th-anniversary celebration.
Santa Claus at Disney's Hollywood Studios (Confirmed for 2022)
Santa Claus needs a little extra time to prepare for Christmas this year, so he is not greeting tadpoles individually. However, it wouldn't be the holidays without him! He makes time for special pop-up appearances during a merry motorcade at Hollywood Studios.
It wouldn't be the holidays without some festive food and drinks, right? Take a look at the treats available in the 2021 season:
- Holiday Lunch Box Tart (Woody's Lunch Box): Apple pie-filled tart frosted with cinnamon icing, sugar snowflake and holiday sprinkles
- Butterscotch-Caramel Cannoli (PizzeRizzo): Holiday cannoli filled with caramel cheesecake, butterscotch chips and chocolate flakes
- Red Velvet Whoopie Pie (Backlot Express and The Trolley Car Café): Red velvet cake with classic cream cheese filling and festive sprinkles
- Santa's Belt Cookie (ABC Commissary and Catalina Eddie's): Mickey-shaped white chocolate-covered chocolate cookie
- Reindeer Mousse (Rosie's All-American Café and The Trolley Car Café): Spiced caramel cheesecake over peanut butter mousse atop a salty pretzel-shortbread cookie
- Frozen Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate (PizzeRizzo, Backlot Express, ABC Commissary and Rosie’s All–American Café): Frozen salted caramel hot chocolate topped with mini marshmallows and a chocolate drizzle
- Frozen Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate with Cherry Bourbon (PizzeRizzo, Backlot Express, ABC Commissary and Rosie's All-American Café): Frozen hot chocolate with Jim Bean Red Stag Cherry Bourbon, salted caramel syrup and mini marshmallows
- Hot Chocolate with Cherry Bourbon (PizzeRizzo, Backlot Express, ABC Commissary and Rosie's All-American Café): Hot chocolate with Jim Bean Red Stag Cherry Bourbon
- Hot Chocolate with Irish Cream (PizzeRizzo, Backlot Express, ABC Commissary and Rosie's All-American Café): Hot chocolate with Baileys Iris Cream Liqueur
Have questions about Disney's Hollywood Studios or any of the Walt Disney World holiday events? Share them in the comments below! Ready to visit this holiday season? Pick the best dates to visit using our Orlando Crowd Calendar. Check out our Orlando planning timeline for a stress-free family vacation.