It's time for the Frog Family's weekly roundup of Disney and Orlando theme park tidbits from the interwebs.
We love comments! Drop us a line below if you have something to share.
This week’s highlights:
- New Year's Eve is right around the corner. If you are looking for something to do, Downtown Disney has no shortage of places to ring in the New Year. Of course, Tad loves Disney Quest, so that would be his first choice. Raglan Road, with its Irish dancing, is another lively option for the whole family.
- Mommy Frog’s very favorite kids movie of all time, Monster’s Inc., is back in theaters in glorious 3-D as a runup to the 2013 prequel Monsters University. If I know Mommy Frog, she is going to find a way to squeeze it in over the holidays.
- Everyone's favorite cartoon turtle Franklin and his pals are coming to SeaWorld next year. Kids can meet, take photos and get autographs starting at the Just for Kids event in January.
- Disney World is said to be testing order-ahead lunch service for Be Our Guest Restaurant in New Fantasyland, and this will be welcome news for guests of the new restaurant, which offers quick service at lunch and table service for dinner. We had about a 40-minute wait last week when we lined up for lunch at 10:30 a.m. (yep, really), but it was worth it! Look for our video highlights next week.
- Disney's Hollywood Studios is adding "Doc McStuffins" and "Sofia the First" to its Disney Junior – Live on Stage! lineup in mid-February.
- The cast of Broadway's "Newsies" will be featured on the Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade, which will air Christmas morning.
- If you're heading over to Universal Studios soon, you can stop in for lunch now at Cafe La Bamba in addition to its character breakfast with Dora, Spongebob and other friends.
- It's probably too late to book that Christmas Disney cruise, but at least you can make that double chocolate yule log that will be served onboard. Lucky for me, Mommy Frog has bookmarked the recipe!
- Club Penguin's annual charity event Coins for Change is happening now through Jan. 2. This year, the gaming site will host a virtual bake sale, allowing players to bake cookies and buy them with their virtual coins.
- The Velvet Sessions returns to the Hard Rock Hotel in Orlando with a Jan. 31 performance from Ed Kowalczyk of Live.
That’s all for this week. Until next week, happy planning!