Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here Are This Week’s Theme Park Highlights:
- Don't tell Leap! Disney just announced that limited-release designer mouse ears are coming to the Disney Parks and Shop Disney in the all-new Disney Parks Designer Collection. Beginning May 24, ears will be released from iconic fashion designers, celebrities and imagineers such as Heidi Klum (bedazzled!), Betsey Johnson, Coach, Vera Wang, Kevin Rafferty and Joe Rohde. (OK, maybe DO tell Leap so he can get a jump on my birthday gift. Hint, hint!)
- Calling all runners! Ready to run by land AND by sea? Look no further than the Castaway Cay Challenge! On Jan. 15, 2020, runDisney will return to Disney's private island, Castaway Cay, for a 5K race alongside favorite Disney characters and white sandy beaches. The Challenge takes place amid a four-night cruise on the Disney Dream, which departs the Monday after Marathon Weekend. The Castaway Cay challenge is only open to runners that have participated in one of the Disney World Marathon Weekend races. What better way to cap off Marathon Weekend than with another medal and a glass of champagne in your hand on the beach?!
- LEGOLAND Florida Awe-summer events are coming to help you build a toadally awesome time! During Lego Movie Days, park-goers can meet Emmet and Wyldstyle, take part in exclusive building activities and enjoy special dining experiences. Lego Movie Days will be hoppening over four weekends: July 13-14, July 20-21, July 27-28 and Aug. 3-4. Joining Lego Movie Days are the park's other super summer events, Red, White & Boom (July 4-6) and Fire Safety Weekend (Aug. 10-11).
- A new table-service restaurant is coming to Epcot's Japan pavilion this summer! The restaurant is called Takumi-Tei, or house of the artisan. The design of the restaurant will highlight the relationship between Japanese craftsmanship and the country's natural beauty, while the food will focus on the relationship between nature and the artisan creating it. Prepare your tastebuds for wagyu beef, a multi-course tasting menu and traditional tea service.
- Ready to go from world traveler to intergalactic traveler? A space-themed table-service restaurant will open its doors in 2019 next to Epcot's Mission: SPACE attraction. Featuring the international cuisine hungry Epcot travelers have come to expect, the restaurant will also offer an extensive wine list with more than 1,000 choices from across the globe. One small step for world travelers ... one giant leap for theme park frogs.
- Did you catch Al Roker giving a tour of the all-new TODAY Café live on the "Today Show" this week? The Today Café is officially open at Universal Studios Florida, offering up quick and delicious breakfast and lunch dishes inspired by "Today Show" hosts in a setting reminiscent of the orange New York studio itself. Missed Al's segment? No problem! Hop into the video below to take a peek!
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.