It's time for the Frog Family's weekly roundup of Disney and Orlando theme park tidbits from the interwebs.
We love comments! Drop us a line below if you have something to share.
This week's highlights:
- Transformers fans, prepare for battle! After months of construction -- and rampant rumors -- Universal Orlando finally revealed Thursday evening that a Transformers 3D flight simulation attraction is coming to the theme park. The flight simulation attraction, scheduled to open summer 2013, is expected to be a near clone of the Tranformers rides at Universal's theme parks in Singapore and Hollywood.
- Disney had its own big announcement this week, that it had purchased George Lucas' Lucasfilm Ltd. for $4.05 billion with plans to release three more "Star Wars" films. While Mommy Frog isn't that into it, as a "Star Wars" fan since childhood, I can't help but be excited about the possibilities. Tad is hoping for a remake of "Indiana Jones." Here's some of what the Twitterverse had to say.
- Narrators for this year's Candlelight Processional at Epcot have been finalized. Neil Patrick Harris is returning again this year and joins Geena Davis, Andy Garcia and a host of others.
- In "awwww" news, Busch Gardens is looking for help naming a new baby white rhino born on its Serengeti Plain last week.
- Universal's Hard Rock hotel has announced Chris Barron, lead singer of the Spin Doctors, is set to play Nov. 9 at the Velvet Unplugged series.
- SeaWorld Orlando has raised ticket prices, matching one day prices with Disney and Universal. Did you know, if you buy from us you can save $19 off of adult gate prices?
- Disney has added seats for its popular Kitchen Memories lunches with celebrity chefs Art Smith and Buddy Valastro at Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- In more food news, Disney gave us an up-close look at the suits of armor lining the hall that guests ordering quick-service lunch will pass inside Be Our Guest Restaurant.
- The much-anticipated (especially in our household) "Wreck-It Ralph" finally hits theaters today. It's trending at 82% on Rotten Tomato's Tomatometer right now.
- Here's a look at the "Wreck-It" merchandise available in stores, including a few items that can only be found in Disney Parks. Tad is already bugging Mommy Frog about getting him the T-shirt.
That’s all for this week. Until next week, happy planning!