Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here Are This Week’s Theme Park Highlights:
- Sleigh bells ring, are you listening? At Disney Springs, snow is glistening ... The holidays are returning to Disney World in 2020! In true 2020 style, this year's celebrations will look a little different than past years to accommodate health and safety measures, including social distancing efforts. Let's start with the lump of coal: EPCOT's Candlelight Processional and Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party have been canceled for 2020. However, guests will still be able to enjoy special holiday-themed projections on Cinderella Castle, Christmas-y character cavalcades, wintry decor, yuletide food, beverage and merchandise offerings and SANTA! The big man himself will be visiting all four theme parks, plus Disney Springs. And Minnie's Seasonal Dining is getting in on the festive fun with a holiday character dining experience at Hollywood & Vine at Disney's Hollywood Studios, with special guest Santa Goofy! The holidays at Disney World will take place from Nov. 6 to Dec. 30. And another present: While the Candlelight Processional is on hiatus for 2020, EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays is not! Holiday Kitchens will be available beginning Nov. 27. (For all of the holly-jolly details on the holidays at Disney World, hop over to our full post!)
- Guess what? September is Velociraptor Awareness Month, and Universal Orlando Resort offers a toadally educational (and maybe just a little intense) experience to learn more about these dinos and brave a photo-op. Have you been to Raptor Encounter at Universal's Islands of Adventure yet? Which velociraptor did you meet?
- And speaking of Universal Orlando Resort, have you entered our Extend Your Summer Break Sweepstakes? Time is running out to enter for a chance to win a 3-night hotel stay and theme park tickets to Universal Orlando Resort for a hoppin’ summer vacation! Be sure to hop to it if you haven't already!
- Knott's Berry Farm is hopping in on the Halloween fun with a Taste of Fall-O-Ween! Much like its previous festivals, Taste of Knott's and Taste of Calico, Taste of Fall-O-Ween will be an outdoor, family-friendly dining and shopping experience, but with a fall twist. Guests of all ages can dress up in costumes, and younger guests can even take a trip through the themed Camp Snoopy Trick-or-Treat Trail. Taste of Fall-O-Ween will take place Fridays through Sundays, Sept. 25 to Nov. 1. Guests looking to attend will need to reserve their spot by purchasing a tasting card in advance. The pumpkin spice churro sticks are already calling our name!
- Disney World has released even more details about its upcoming Halloween festivities! We previously announced that several spooktacular character cavalcades will be hoppening at Magic Kingdom. But now we know exactly who will be floating by in these special cavalcades! On top of pop-up character experiences, there will be three cavalcades just for the Halloween season, including Mickey, Minnie and pals in their costumes, Jack Skellington (the Pumpkin King himself) and Disney Villains such as Jafar, Maleficent and the Queen of Hearts. The Cadaver (aka Dapper) Dans will be returning this year to enchant guests with their best a cappella spooky season songs beginning Sept. 20, as well.
- If only we could include some sound effects with this news — Savi's Workshop is reopening at Disney's Hollywood Studios! Beginning Sept. 20, guests can once again assemble their own lightsaber. The experience will have limited capacity to enforce social distancing, so reservations are highly recommended. You can learn more about this unique experience in our full post. *zoom* *swish*
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.