Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here Are This Week’s Theme Park Highlights:
- Disneyland's new Tiki Room-inspired exotic marketplace is opening soon, and we finally got a sneak peek! There are tons of cute details throughout, our favorite being Rosita — the runaway (animatronic) cockatoo that will greet guests as they enjoy a delish Dole Whip. Located along the Jungle River, the Tropical Hideaway will be perfect for unique snacks.
- Have you visited Epcot's International Festival of the Holidays this year? John Stamos has! He packed American Gardens Theater for his Candlelight Processional narration and shared his love of Disney with the folks running the Disney Parks Blog. While he is arguably one of the most popular narrators this year, Lily is still SO excited to see Auli’I Cravalho (aka Moana) narrate Dec. 21-23. Check out our full guide ahead of your visit!
- We're wishing you a Merry Grinchmas at Universal Studios Hollywood as we celebrate all of the holiday fun (and share our best tips with you in our full post.) Meet Cindy Lou, the Whos and the Grinch Dec. 1-2, 8-9 and 14-30. We toadally recommend hopping on the opportunity ... he might seem mean, but rumor is that his heart grew THREE SIZES!
- Holidays at theme parks can only mean one thing ... delicious treats! Universal Orlando just shared all new holiday menu items available now through Jan. 6. You can't go wrong with classic gingerbread and sugar cookies for the tadpoles. We're personally drooling over the apple strudel on a stick and Cranberry Margarita, how about you?
- Tad is thrilled that Disney Springs is offering a preview of KINGDOM HEARTS III through Jan. 31. The pop-up offers game play, displays and more. Any eager fans can stop by right outside of the Lime Garage to experience all of the fun!
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.