A note from Leap: Many of the Southern California theme parks are temporarily closed until March 31, 2020, in order to limit the spread of the coronavirus disease, or COVID-19. For more details about park closures, read our blog post, which we will continue to update with the latest news.
As you get ready to plan your Disneyland trip, it's helpful to know which rides, restaurants and attractions may be closed or undergoing refurbishment during your visit. Here is the list of scheduled Disneyland refurbishments and permanent ride closings. Permanent closures are attractions that are no longer active in the parks, refurbishments are temporary closures, and seasonal closures take place annually. All of these refurbishments and closings are subject to change without notice.
Side note: It's no secret Disneyland Resort is going through some major changes! Disney California Adventure Park transformed Pixar Pier last summer, Disneyland Park added a Star Wars-themed land, Galaxy's Edge, in summer 2019, and Avengers Campus, a Marvel Super Hero themed land, will open in 2020. (Read more about what's coming to Disneyland!) With changes, there are sometimes ride closures! Don't fret! There is still plenty to do and see at both Disneyland and Disney California Adventure.
Disneyland Ride Refurbishments
Here is the list of current and upcoming closures Disneyland rides, attractions, restaurants and shops. Disney often changes the dates of these temporary ride closures, whether to move up or postpone, so always check here as your trip gets closer.
- Snow White's Scary Adventures
CLOSED Jan. 7, 2020 - TBD
- Haunted Mansion
CLOSED Jan. 21, 2020 - TBD
- King Arthur Carrousel
CLOSED Jan. 21, 2020 - TBD
- Red Car Trolley
CLOSED April 1, 2019 - TBD
Downtown Disney District Refurbishments
Disneyland Hotel Refurbishments
Disney's Grand California Hotel & Spa Refurbishments
Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel Refurbishment
Permanent Disneyland Closures
This is a list of permanently closed Disneyland rides, attractions, restaurants and shops! The closures are usually done to make way for new rides and attractions at the parks.
- Big Thunder Ranch Area: Closed permanently Jan. 11, 2016
- Disneyland Forever: Closed permanently Sept. 6, 2016
- Super Hero HQ: Closed permanently April 3, 2016
- Main Street Electrical Parade: Closed permanently August 20, 2017
- Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple: Ended Nov. 3, 2018
- Disney's Aladdin: A Musical Spectacular: Closed permanently Jan. 10, 2016
- Diamond Mad T Party: Closed permanently March 31, 2016
- For the First Time in Forever: Closed permanently April 18, 2016
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror: Closed permanently Jan. 2, 2017 for transformation into Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT!
- California Screamin': Closed permanently Jan. 8, 2018 for transformation into Incredicoaster
- Mickey's Fun Wheel: Closed permanently Jan. 8, 2018 for transformation into Pixar Pal-A-Round
- The Cove Bar and Ariel's Grotto: Closed permanently Jan. 8, 2018 for transformation into Lamplight Lounge
- It's Tough To Be a Bug!: Closed permanently March 19, 2018 for new super-hero themed land (opening 2020)
- Flik's Flyers: Closed permanently Sept. 4, 2018 for new super-hero themed land (opening 2020)
- Francis' Ladybug Boogie: Closed permanently Sept. 4, 2018 for new super-hero themed land (opening 2020)
- Heimlich's Chew Chew Train: Closed permanently Sept. 4, 2018 for new super-hero themed land (opening 2020)
- Princess Dot Puddle Park: Closed permanently Sept. 4, 2018 for new super-hero themed land (opening 2020)
- Tuck and Roll's Drive 'Em Buggies: Closed permanently Sept. 4, 2018 for new super-hero themed land (opening 2020)
Disneyland Refurbishment Schedule (Seasonal Closures)
These attractions and rides usually close seasonally at Disneyland for refurbishments and holiday overlays. The estimated dates on this Disneyland refurbishment schedule are based on past ride closures. We'll always post the specific dates when we receive them under Disneyland ride refurbishments.
- Grizzly River Run: Usually closes early January through February or March for seasonal refurbishment
- Jungle Cruise: Usually closes early November for holiday overlay installation; closes early January for holiday overlay removal and reopens early February
- Haunted Mansion: Usually closes late August for holiday overlay installation and reopens September; closes early January for holiday overlay removal and reopens mid-January
- it's a small world: Usually closes mid to late October for holiday overlay installation and reopens November; closes mid-January for holiday overlay removal and reopens late January/early February
- Space Mountain: Usually closes late August for holiday overlay installation and reopens early to mid-September; closes early November for holiday overlay removal
- Splash Mountain: Usually closes mid-January through February for seasonal refurbishments
*Please Note: All Disneyland ride refurbishments and closings are subject to change without notice.
Trying to decide when to visit the parks? Check out our Disneyland Crowd Calendar for the best time to go! We also offer park plans for the Disneyland Resort. Be sure to check out our Disneyland Park Plans and Disney California Adventure Park Plans.