Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here are this week’s theme park highlights:
- Disneyland confirmed this week that the Paint the Night, Disneyland Forever and World of Color Celebrate shows, which are part of its 60th anniversary celebration, will end after Sept. 5. The original World of Color will return to Disney California Adventure, and the Fantasy in the Sky fireworks show will return Fridays through Sundays in the fall. Many Disney fans are especially upset about the end of Paint the Night, which has been very popular, and it's led to rampant speculation about where it will go (perhaps to Magic Kingdom?) or when it might return. Disney Parks Blog writer Shawn Slater did share that news on holiday entertainment will be coming soon, so perhaps there will be more revealed about the parade's fate then.
- The Incredible Hulk Coaster hasn't fully roared back to life, but we're so hoppy to hear it's getting close. Select guests have been allowed to ride during soft openings for the popular coaster at Universal's Islands of Adventure. It's been under refurbishment since last fall.
- The Disney Parks Blog will be live streaming the theme park debut of Elena of Avalor, who is headed to Magic Kingdom on Aug. 11. She will take the stage in front of Cinderella's Castle for the limited-time show "The Royal Welcome of Princess Elena of Avalor." Beginning Aug. 12, the show will take place several times daily.
- Krampus is coming Halloween Horror Nights at the Universal Orlando Resort. The haunted house will be based on the film, set at Christmastime, that centers around a demonic force that punishes non-believers.
- For those of you headed to Magic Kingdom between Aug. 7 and Aug. 31 who have purchased Memory Maker, you have exclusive access to a private character experience with a Disney princess at Heritage House. Additionally, guests staying on-site, passholders, DVC members and Disney Visa cardholders can receive 10% off packages at the Disney Springs Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique from Aug. 7 through Sept. 5.
- The Flying Fish Restaurant at Disney's Boardwalk entertainment area has reopened with a new menu, new look, expanded wine list and next-door cocktail lounge, the AbracadaBar.
- A family-friendly rafting ride, called Miss Fortune Falls, is coming to Disney's Typhoon Lagoon next year near the popular Crush 'n Gusher. Kowabunga!
That’s it for the theme park news this week. Have a great weekend!
If you’re thinking about a trip to Disney World, make sure to check out the other news, tips and information we post to the blog throughout the week. If you’re ready to plan your trip, we recommend you start with our Orlando Planning Guide.