Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here Are This Week’s Theme Park Highlights:
- Walt Disney World's newest Resort hotel is officially open to the public .... and believe us when we say that this is one you won't want to miss! Disney's Riviera Resort pays homage to Europe's grand rivieras, with stunning architecture, beautiful art displays and even a brand-new character breakfast with Mickey and Minnie in adorable artist outfits. Hop into the video below for a first look ... and don't froget to book your reservation! Bon voyage!
- Hoppy news, "Top Chef" fans! The first-ever Bravo's Top Chef Food & Wine Festival is coming to Universal Studios Hollywood on March 19-20, 2020. Dine on dishes inspired by chef-testants over the years, enjoy special food and wine pairings or watch the show's veterans go head-to-head in live cooking demonstrations. Superfans may want to spring for the VIP package to the event, which includes an exclusive tasting and wine pairing hosted by a "Top Chef" alum and meet-and-greets with contestants, plus early access to Universal Studios Hollywood, complimentary parking and a special commemorative gift. We are toadally in!
- As if we needed even more reasons to be hoppin' excited that Villains After Hours events are returning to Magic Kingdom in 2020, Disney has announced that 2020's events will also introduce some brand-new, toadally wicked additions! In addition to watching Maleficent in her fire-breathing dragon form, you can also catch some villains parading around the park with her in the Cursed Caravan, including Cruella de Vil, Captain Hook, Gaston, Oogie Boogie and more. Tad already has his ticket! Do you have yours?
- There is so much frogtastic fun coming to the parks in 2020! Disney announced the Garden Rocks concert lineup for Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival in 2020, featuring new artists such as Daughtry and Don McLean. And, a brand-new Remy topiary will be unveiled as the centerpiece of a Ratatouille Garden in the France pavilion, where Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure attraction will open in summer 2020!
- Have you ever wanted to take a spin in the iconic chairs from NBC's "The Voice?" How about a race to the top of an Olympic-sized sport climbing wall? Or, testing your ninja skills on the full-sized obstacles seen on "Ninja Warrior?" Well, now you can at Peacock Live! at Universal Studios Hollywood on March 28-29, 2020! Best of all? The event also includes admission to the theme park after 12 p.m., with exclusive after-hours access to the park. (For "Trolls" fans like Lily, attendees can also get a special screening of "Trolls World Tour" before it hits theaters, as well as a meet-and-greet with Branch, Poppy and Guy Diamond!)
- Can you believe Christmas is almost here? Neither can we! We've got the scoop for holiday celebrations at both Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort so that you don't miss a single tamale or Santa Goofy sighting (which we're sure you've already checked out, right?). But the holiday celebrations aren't limited to the US parks! Disney Cruise Line, Tokyo Disney Resort, Hong Kong Disneyland and Disneyland Paris are all offering special seasonal merchandise and food! (The fun souvenirs above are a sampling of the goodies you can find on Disney Cruise Line.) Hoppy holidays, frog friends!
- Last but not least, don't froget, your favorite frogs are throwing a VIP party inside Universal Orlando Resort! For a limited time, you can purchase tickets that will include access to both parks, plus food and great rates on your hotel stay! Hop to it.
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.