Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, Universal Orlando, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
This week’s theme park highlights:
- *UPDATE!* There are rumors that the Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley will begin soft launches to a very small audience as early as the week of May 4! While no one knows the exact grand opening date to the public, some are anticipating it will open the week of June 22. We will continue to provide updates as we hear more!
- While we still don't have an opening date for the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, we do know it's moving closer to completion. Even Dopey came by to check on the progress! We also got another one of those tantalizing CGI ride-throughs of the new family coaster opening in Magic Kingdom this spring.
- Disney's Animal Kingdom will be hosting its annual Party for the Planet on Earth Day, April 22, with plenty of hands-on, interactive activities for the kids geared toward conservation.
- Easter is just around the corner. For those of you staying at the resorts over the holiday, the Disney Floral & Gifts department can help you craft the perfect Easter basket and deliver it to your room.
- Big news for Minion fans on the West Coast -- Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem is set to debut at Universal Studios Hollywood this weekend!
- As if that wasn't exciting enough, it was revealed that a "Fast & Furious" attraction and Simpsons-based Springfield area are headed to Universal Studios Hollywood, leading up the Wizarding World of Harry Potter debut at that park in 2016.
- There is more Disney World-inspired nail art this week! Check out the Haunted Mansion nail art tutorial.
- The full lineup has been revealed for Universal's Rock the Universe. The Christian music fest returns Sept. 5 and 6 with acts Third Day, Newsboys, tobyMac and Switchfoot.
- The celebration of the 50th anniversary of it's a small world continued this week. To make the occasion, The Orlando Sentinel put together some quick numbers and facts about the attraction.
That’s it for the theme park news this week. Have a great weekend!
If you’re thinking about a trip to Disney World, make sure to check out the other news, tips and information we post to the blog throughout the week. If you’re ready to plan your trip, we recommend you start with our planning pages.