Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, Universal Orlando, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
This week’s theme park highlights:
- Two EGGscellent things you should experience if you're heading to Disney World around Easter. Hop over to Disney's Grand Floridian on April 4-22 and take in the 3rd annual Easter Egg display. The resort's pastry team has hand painted 18 gorgeous, oversized eggs with tinted cocoa butter.
- After you take in the Easter egg display, you can hunt for hidden eggs at Epcot from April 10-20. The hidden eggs are in the form of favorite Disney characters. You can pick up a map and a set of stickers to mark where you find the eggs around Epcot for $4.95.
- Off-site Disney guests are set to be able to make advance reservations for FastPass+ starting March 31. If you've got a trip coming up, make sure to read the full details!
- All this week, Disney has been celebrating the 50th anniversary of "it's a small world." You can join in the fun by creating your own sing-along video. For every video uploaded, Disney will donate $1 up to $100,000!
- Splish-splash. We're a little more than two weeks away from the season opening of LEGOLAND's Water Park, which means it's a perfect time to buy combo tickets!
- We're so close to the launch of Ihu's Breakaway Falls, the new TALL water ride coming to Aquatica on May 9. This week, construction crews "topped off" the almost 80-foot-tall slides.
- SeaWorld ushered in its Sea of Surprises, an 18-month celebration of its 50th anniversary. At SeaWorld Orlando, the park opened the new SEA Garden, where guests can get up close to and learn more about animals, including eagles, spoonbills and flamingos.
- Work continues on the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, with more details being added and revealed for the new family coaster set to open this spring in Magic Kingdom Park.
That’s it for the theme park news this week. Have a great weekend!
If you’re thinking about a trip to Disney World, make sure to check out the other news, tips and information we post to the blog throughout the week. If you’re ready to plan your trip, we recommend you start with our planning pages.