Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here Are This Week’s Theme Park Highlights:
- Sleigh bells ring, are you listening? Walt Disney World has gifted us with additional information about EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays! Holiday Kitchens will return this year, as well as the Cookie Stroll, special musical performances and Gingerbread Capital City (a gingerbread city featuring famous landmarks from around the U.S.). But new additions are coming, too, such as Olaf’s Holiday Tradition Expedition scavenger hunt and special holiday cavalcades, including SANTA! EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays will run Nov. 27 to Dec. 30, 2020. For all of the festive details, hop over to our full guide to EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays.
- Interested in learning more about SeaWorld Orlando's animal care facilities? On select dates in November, SeaWorld Orlando's Inside Look events will give guests a peek at select behind-the-scenes locations in small groups, as well as special Trainer Talks, for a closer look at the care and keeping of the marine life at the park.
- Over on the West Coast, reopening guidelines were released this week for larger theme parks in California, such as Knott's Berry Farm, Disneyland and Universal Studios Hollywood. We've put together all of the details on which parks are currently open in the area, when additional parks will be permitted to open, and of course, what to expect when they do.
- Grab your paintbrushes! EPCOT International Festival of the Arts will return from Jan. 8 to Feb. 22, 2021. Much like this year's Taste of Food and Wine Festival, the event will be modified slightly to promote social distancing and other enhanced safety measures. Still, guests will be able to enjoy over 15 Food Studios, special photo locations, a collaborative mural, visiting artists, on-site galleries and so much more! Want to stay up-to-date on all of the deets? We've painted the full picture for you in our full guide!
- Undercover Tourist is offering you and your family a chance to win a three-night hotel stay and theme park tickets to Universal Orlando Resort for a hoppin’ vacation! Want in on the adventure? Enter today for your chance to win!
- Disney's All-Star Movies Resort has a reopening date! Beginning Feb. 9. 2021, guests can hop back to the Value Resort. Interested in seeing what it's like to stay on-site right now at Walt Disney World? Check out our tour of Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa above, which recently reopened. (Did we mention that there are some frogtastic hotel deals going on right now for 2020 and 2021 stays? If you're hoping to head to Walt Disney World for any of the fun festivals we shared in this post, be sure to hop to it for the best availability!)
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.