It's time for the Frog Family's weekly roundup of Disney and Orlando theme park tidbits from the interwebs.
We love comments! Drop us a line below if you have something to share.
This week’s highlights:
Horror fans will be happy to hear a number of updates related to Halloween events at the theme parks. The biggest, perhaps, was confirmation that "Evil Dead" is indeed coming to Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Orlando (and Universal Studios Hollywood). The cult classic joins the newer horror flick "Cabin in the Woods" as the first announced haunted houses. Also reported was the first visible signs of construction on Halloween Horror Nights houses from the queue of Disaster!
- Busch Gardens Tampa Bay is letting its Facebook fans have a say in three key elements of one of its new houses over the next three weeks at this year's Howl-O-Scream. This week, you can vote on which voodoo doll will grace Death Water Bayou.
- Ashley Judd and Sigourney Weaver will be making their debuts this December as narrators at Epcot's Candlelight Processional. Here are the rest of the confirmed narrators with just a few spots remaining.
- Disneyland celebrating its 58th anniversary this week. To mark the occasion, the Disney Parks Blog brought us video of the "Magical" fireworks spectacular.
- While you might have seen our post yesterday about avoiding the long waits at SeaWorld Orlando's Antarctica, the folks at MiceChat are reporting that SeaWorld is experimenting with removing the nets that were temporarily erected while the penguins adjusted to their new digs.
- Those of you heading over to Disney World later this summer will be greeted by some awfully cute new character T-shirts. I'm quite taken with Goofy, even though Mommy Frog says I sometimes look more like Grumpy -- especially when I haven't been to the parks in awhile!
- One of the posts that made me most wish for the parks this week was this one from Orlando Informer about pool hopping at the Universal Orlando Resorts. What I wouldn't give to be sipping a cool drink at the Hard Rock pool right about now!
And I leave you with one of the most entertaining stories of the week -- about the people who don't just visit Disney World, no, no, they love Disney World so much, that they move to Orlando to be closer to it! Talk about devotion.
That’s all for this week. Until next week, happy planning!