Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here Are This Week’s Theme Park Highlights:
- Did you follow along on our Instagram for our exciting week at Universal Orlando Resort? We got to be part of the grand opening celebrations for both Voodoo Doughnut at CityWalk and Fast and Furious — Supercharged at Universal Studios. We even watched film stars Vin Diesel, Ludacris, Jordana Brewster and Tyrese Gibson officially unlock the new attraction (via wicked cool explosives, of course.) Safe to say, Tad has a new favorite ride at Universal ... and I have a new favorite place to binge on sweets.
- The squeal heard 'round the world came from Lily this week when it was announced that SeaWorld Orlando will be opening a Sesame Street land in spring 2019. With the opening of this new area will come a daily parade featuring Elmo and friends, as well as re-created sets from the show. Lily can't wait to visit Big Bird's nest in between playing and riding rides!
- One of the first of quite a few new quick-service dining locations along Pixar Pier, Adorable Snowman Frosted Treats has opened at Disney's California Adventure park. The Snow-Capped Lemon has already been named the must-try treat here, a non-dairy lemon soft-serve cone dipped in white chocolate. Sounds like an odd, but amazing combo to me ... kind of like Leap and I ;)
- My money is practically hoppin' out of my wallet already — Walt Disney World shared a peek at the fun new Toy Story merchandise coming to Toy Story Land when it opens next month. Do you think I can get Leap to rock the Alien headband while I wear the adorable Slinky Dog one? And don't think I'm leaving without that "I Played There!" Buttercup shirt for Lily.
- A Walt Disney World spokeswoman says there will be no Night of Joy event in 2018, and there are no plans for the return of 35-year Christian-music concert event, according to the Orlando Sentinel.
- You can imagine Leap's excitement when Busch Gardens Tampa Bay announced the return of free beer samples from now until Aug. 5 for guests 21 and up. This is all leading up to a German-themed Bier Fest taking place weekends from Aug. 25 through Sept. 16. The park has also founded the Busch Gardens Brew Club. The $79 annual membership includes a personal stein, stein storage and discounted refills from more than 20 on-tap brews all year long.
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.