Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here Are This Week’s Theme Park Highlights:
- Hippity, hoppity, Easter's on its way to the Disney Parks! At the Disneyland Resort, be sure to grab a map and take part in the Egg-stravaganza Scavenger Hunt. (We've even spotted a familiar, handsome hare out and about!) 'Tis the season to nab all of the themed treats, too, which you can find at Marceline's Confectionary in Downtown Disney, Trolley Treats in California Adventure and Candy Palace at Disneyland. Easter Sunday Brunch is also available at Storyteller's Cafe at the Grand Californian Hotel and Spa, Goofy's Kitchen at Disneyland Hotel and Disney's PCH Grill at Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel.
- At Walt Disney World Resort, hop on over to check out the delectable (and downright impressive) chocolate egg displays throughout the property, including Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa (you can grab an Easter Basket from the on-site pop-up store, as well!), Disney's Contemporary and Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts (where you can purchase 7-inch Mickey and Minnie Chocolate Eggs while supplies last). Try your hand at finding all of the eggs hidden around Epcot in Disney World's version of the Egg-Stravaganza Scavenger Hunt. Outside of the egg-cellent Easter-themed treats around every corner (does this count as another scavenger hunt?), you can also find Easter brunch and dinner offerings at the parks, resort hotels and Disney Springs.
- From one celebration to the next! On May 1, Disney's Hollywood Studios will celebrate its 30th anniversary with special food (including a Kylo Ren cupcake — yes way), merchandise and a parade. That evening, the new projection show "Wonderful World of Animation" will debut at 9:05 p.m. EST, featuring scenes from Disney film favorites such as "Coco," "The Incredibles" and "Sleeping Beauty" (the perfect opportunity to enjoy your Kylo Ren cupcake!).
- Speaking of Kylo Ren, so much galactic goodness came to light during Star Wars Celebration Chicago! Coca-Cola products will be available in Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, much like the rest of the parks ... though their containers will be a little different! Rather than traditional bottles or cans, Coca-Cola, Diet Coke, Sprite and Dasani water will be packaged in small, round bottles (akin to thermal detonators) with Aurebesh writing on the labels.
- Thirsty for even more "Star Wars" news? Amid the Celebration (deep breath!), the "Star Wars Episode IX" teaser trailer dropped ... and the final installment's name was unveiled. "Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker" will hit theaters in December.
- An all-new Halloween time celebration is coming to Disney California Adventure in 2019! "Oogie Boogie Bash" will feature a new World of Color show, "Villainous!", a transformation of the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail into a world of Disney villains and a DescenDance party with a dance crew from the Isle of the Lost set to tunes from the "Descendants" franchise. Of course, there will also be immersive treat trails, the Frightfully Fun Parade, character encounters and spooky ride overlays. Tickets will go on sale April 23 for Disneyland Resort Annual Passholders, Disney Vacation Club members and Disney Visa card holders; tickets will go on sale to the general public on April 30. Tad and Lily are so ready to boogie with Oogie!
- Buckle up! Universal Orlando has revealed some of the magical creatures you'll encounter on the all-new Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure ride, opening June 13. On your adventure with Hagrid through the Forbidden Forest, you can expect to come face-to-face with Devil's Snare, Cornish Pixies, Centaurs and Fluffy, the giant three-headed dog.
- If you're ready to meet Fluffy, too (and who isn't?), you should know that Universal Orlando has increased gate ticket prices ... which means we only have a few tickets left at their current prices! Be sure to hop over and grab yours before they're gone.
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.