Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here Are This Week’s Theme Park Highlights:
- Our favorite mouse has been spotted on the Disneyland Monorail! To kick off the Get Your Ears On celebration for Mickey's 90th birthday, which begins today, even the monorail has undergone a magical transformation. We can't wait to see what else is hoppening for the kickoff to the fun!
- Oh boy! Joining in on the birthday festivities, Nestle has announced that Mickey True Original Ice Cream Bars (aka the beloved "Mickey bar" that we all know and love) will be coming to grocery stores in February. Yum!
- Those same iconic Mickey ice cream bars are some of the stars of the show of the new D-Lish collection of merchandise rolling out to Disney Parks this week. The appropriately named collection features our favorite delicious park snacks and treats on apparel, home goods and of course, ears.
- In case you missed it, dates for Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party were released this week. While most of us have just put our holiday decorations away, you can begin to rejoice at the thought of trick-or-treating down Main Street U.S.A. in a few short months — with two additional party nights available in 2019!
- Lightning McQueen's Racing Academy has announced its opening date. Beginning March 31, 2019, racers can learn the rules of the road from the legend himself at Disney's Hollywood Studios in Florida. Ka-Chow!
- The LEGOLAND Florida Resort is now taking reservations for its LEGO MOVIE WORLD-themed rooms, and the renderings look toadally awesome! Each room will feature separate tadpole and adult areas, as well as an in-room treasure hunt.
- Animal Kingdom welcomed a new baby giraffe Monday — and lucky Kilimanjaro Safari riders got to witness it! While the Masai giraffe calf's name has not yet been released, we do know that he already stands 6 feet tall (much, much bigger than baby Lily or Tad)! Mama Mara and baby boy are doing great, and guests can take a peek at them in the savanna. Congratulations to the hoppy family!
- SeaWorld's Aquatica Orlando has become the world's first waterpark to be designated as a Certified Autism Center. The accolade comes from the International Board of Credentialing and Continuing Education Standards in response to Aquatica's efforts to better welcome guests with autism. This includes specialized staff training, as well as a planned quiet room with adjustable lighting.
- Partysaurus Rex is back in 2019! Tickets are now on sale for Disney H20 Glow Nights at Typhoon Lagoon Water Park. Buzz Lightyear, Woody and Jesse are heading back to throw more hoppin' beach parties beginning May 30, 2019. Sure to be a splashing good time, the events will take place select Thursday and Saturday nights through Aug. 24, 2019.
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.