Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here Are This Week’s Theme Park Highlights:
- Step aside, haunted houses ... bring us the TREATS! Halloween Horror Nights kicks off tonight, Friday, Sept. 14 at Universal Orlando Resort, and we're pretty excited about the waffle-themed lineup of new snacks at the event. Thanks, Stranger Things! Keep an eye on our Halloween Horror Nights Survival Guide for more updates after our first visit.
- As if we weren't already glitching with excitement for Wreck-It Ralph 2, a new hyper-reality experience is coming to Walt Disney World so you can join Ralph and Vanellope on a journey through the internet. This virtual reality experience opens at The Void at Disney Springs this fall, and we cannot wait!
- Speaking of new experiences, Busch Gardens Tampa has not one, but TWO new rides on the way. In 2019, Tigris will roar into the park as the tallest launch coaster in Florida, featuring looping twists and an inverted roll. Opening in Spring 2019, the former site of Gwazi will be revisited with yet another thrill still to be announced.
- We know many of you have been hoppin' for some Coco fun at the Disney parks, so we were thrilled to see that a performing Miguel puppet has debuted at Disney California Adventure for Halloween and Día de los Muertos celebrations. Shakira even went to visit for A Musical Celebration of Coco!
- We've still been enjoying the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival at Disney World, and now we have something new to check out that's right up Leap's alley. A complimentary Tailgate Tasting teaches you twists on your favorite game day bites. Hop on over to the Festival Center bright and early on select dates to pick up your wristband to attend that day's seminar!
- Don't think we forgot about the West Coast ... Halloween Horror Nights starts scaring at Universal Studios Hollywood tonight, Friday, Sept. 14. Like many of you, we're hopping with excitement (and shivering with fear) for the Stranger Things haunted house, especially after reading these thirteen things to know about the attraction.
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.