Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
- The Hollywood Brown Derby at Disney’s Hollywood Studios recently launched its new, seasonal menu. As an ode to the summertime, the restaurant’s culinary team has crafted various dishes of contemporary American cuisine with an emphasis on food innovation and fresh ingredients. For the upcoming season, guests can enjoy a variety of flavors! The new menu encompasses everything from mouth-watering entrees, such as the classic Filet Mignon and Free-Range Chicken and Dumplings, to delectable desserts, such as the Grapefruit Cake.
- Peppa Pig Theme Park at LEGOLAND Florida is introducing a limited-time character breakfast buffet at Miss Rabbit's Diner, beginning June 9, 2023. Designed specifically for tadpoles, the all-you-can-eat meal will include crunchy baguette breakfast sandwiches, fresh fruit, scrambled eggs, chicken apple links, waffles and more. Plus, Peppa Pig, George, Mummy and Daddy Pig will all attend the breakfast and greet guests! At this time, the buffet is only taking place on Fridays and Saturdays through Aug. 5, 2023.
- Disneyland Resort’s theme park reservation system just got a frogciting new update — instead of needing to completely cancel and rebook a park reservation, or change the date or park for your visit, you can now simply modify the reservation to your new date or park without having to cancel the reservation first. Guests can make reservation changes on Disneyland.com.
- Universal Orlando Resort recently released concept art of what Illumination's Minion Land will look like once it opens this summer! The art depicts a newly re-themed street, which includes new dining spots, a merchandise shop, characters and an all-new attraction, Illumination's Villain-Con Minion Blast — plus, of course, the Despicable Me Minion Mayhem attraction. Illumination's Minion Cafe will feature menu items such as Otto's noodle bowl, a steak and "cheese ray" sandwich, Agnes' honeymoon soup and a dessert named Bob's teddy bear chocolate cream puff.
- SeaWorld San Diego is welcoming a newly re-themed kids' area, Rescue Jr.! Opening officially May 27, this new area will feature rescue-themed rides, splash zones and real rescue vehicles for the tadpoles to explore. Best of all, the whole Frog Family will have fun learning about the importance of wildlife conservation and more!
- It’s time to soak up some fun under the sun — it's water park season! Knott’s Soak City recently announced its reopening date for the upcoming summer season. Beginning May 20, guests can enjoy waterslide thrills, refreshing snacks and splash pools — all while beating the heat! Additionally, over at Aquatica Orlando, Turi's Kid Cove, a new water play area for tadpoles, is now open.
- Later this month, LEGOLAND Florida Resort welcomes a brand-new bike show, Go Xtreme! This action-packed, adrenaline-pumping stunt show will feature skaters, cyclists and even a pogo athlete performing BMX tricks. Go Xtreme! arrives May 27, and will run through the summer, concluding Aug. 6. The tadpoles are sure to love this one!
- In honor of the 30th anniversary of the groundbreaking film, “Jurassic Park,” Universal Orlando Resort and Universal Studios Hollywood will host Jurassic June celebrations next month! In June, both resorts will hold frogtastic festivities, featuring unique limited-time experiences related to the cinematic masterpiece. This will include special screenings of the film at the Universal Citywalk movie theaters, as well as unique movie-themed eats and merchandise throughout both resorts.
- Fearful frights are returning for the Halloween season at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay! The park has just announced its first new haunted house for this year's Howl-O-Scream: D.H. Baggums, Circus of Fear. Step right up and prepare to clown around at the most terrifying show you’ve ever seen!
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.