Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here Are This Week’s Theme Park Highlights:
- An all-new, live-action stunt spectacular (aka, "stuntacular") featuring Jason Bourne is coming to Universal Orlando Resort! Based on Universal Pictures' Bourne film franchise, The Bourne Stuntacular will feature live performers, an LED screen and interactive props, allowing guests to follow Jason Bourne as he evades sinister characters around the globe. The Bourne Stuntacular will open this spring in the former Terminator 2: 3D theater. (Will Matt Damon make an appearance? Asking for a friend ... OK, it's me. I'm asking for me.)
- We are so hopping excited about the all-new Avengers Campus coming to Disney California Adventure in 2020! And recently, Imagineers revealed that they're creating an entirely new ride system for Avengers Headquarters. In the new e-ticket ride, recruits will board a Quinjet and fly to Wakanda to fight alongside their favorite Avengers, including Black Panther, of course. So not only do we get a toadally awesome new ride ... we also get to ride on newly-invented technology! Tony Stark would be so proud.
- Changes are coming to Black Spire Outpost! Brand-new bites have arrived at Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Disneyland, including a charcuterie plate at Oga's Cantina, a plant-based Ronto-less Garden Wrap at Ronto Roaster (pictured above) and chocolate popcorn at Kat Saka's Kettle. All five of the new items are exclusive to the Disneyland Resort. Try them all, we must.
- What could be better than new, delicious eats on Batuu? An earlier reservation window! Starting Oct. 21, 2019, guests can make reservations up to 60 days in advance for the land's experiences at Disneyland, including Oga’s Cantina, Savi’s Workshop and Droid Depot. Woohoo!
- It's definitely Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort, but did you know that there are spooks and scares in Downtown Disney, too? Don't froget to hop to Downtown Disney to check out festive planters, including more than 1,100 hand-painted, candy-themed pumpkins, 2,500 real pumpkins and 1,900 gourds. Plus, you can grab all of your fall merchandise and apparel, scary-good treats and even special entertainment such as the a cappella group SCAREolers on Wednesday and Friday evenings through Oct. 31.
- Have you had enough "Frozen 2" news yet? Neither have we! For a limited time, Disney Parks guests can catch sneak peeks of special unreleased film moments. At Disney California Adventure, jump over to the Hyperion Theater to see “Frozen – Live at the Hyperion” beginning Nov. 3, 2019 to catch the sneak peek. Guests at Disney's Hollywood Studios can hop into Walt Disney Presents to see the special preview beginning Nov. 5, 2019. Disney Cruise Line guests can also see sneak peeks of the film throughout the month of November.
- Have you ever seen a jack-o'-lantern decorated like a fish? We have! The inventive, sealife-themed pumpkins were only part of the fun we found at SeaWorld Orlando's Halloween Spooktacular. Hop into the video above to see more, including a real-live mermaid, a fishy dance party, and of course, trick-or-treating!
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.