Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here are this week’s theme park highlights:
- Disney shared the exciting news that new Lamplight Lounge will be opening alongside Pixar Pier at Disney's California Adventure on June 23. Casual gastropub cuisine (including guest-favorite Lobster Nachos!) and unique signature cocktails will be served in a space adorned with artistic marks throughout. Guests can bid farewell to the Cove Bar as it reopens briefly beginning Mar. 16.
- Disneyland dropped details for a new refreshment port in Adventureland, The Tropical Hideaway. Located at the former Aladdin's Oasis, the unique destination will be themed as a traders' market, featuring all of the sights, sounds and flavors of the tropics. This Frog Family can't wait for all of the new fun coming to Disneyland in 2018!
- On the opposite coast, Disney World announced that Be Our Guest will offer an enhanced prix fixe dinner experience beginning July 27, with reservations beginning today, Feb. 23. The three-course dinner will include your choice of appetizer, entrée and a personal dessert platter. I can't wait for Leap and I's next date night at Disney World!
- And in more hoppy news, Disney World revealed plans for Animal Kingdom's 20th anniversary celebration, a Party for the Planet April 22 through May 5. It will include conservation talks, backstage experiences, specialty desserts and more. We're most excited for Tiffins Talks — themed dinners hosted by animal experts at one of our favorite restaurants at the park. Ribbits.
- Universal Orlando Resort went inside Hard Rock Hotel Orlando's new Future Rock Star Suites. Designed for music-loving families, the suites have tons of great amenities and fun details, such as the starry ceiling and music memorabilia throughout. I think this Frog Family has found its new home away from home in Orlando, and you can too! Book the kids' suite or any Hard Rock Hotel room through us for a discount!
- Pin trading officially starts at SeaWorld Orlando tomorrow, Feb. 24! Guests can trade pins with one another as well as SeaWorld ambassadors with pin lanyards. Guests can trade up to three pins per Ambassador, per day. Collectors are encouraged to find retired, series, special edition pins and more. Looks like we've found a new hobby for Tad!
- SeaWorld Orlando is headed into its second week of this year's Seven Seas Food Festival, packed with delicious food, beverages, entertainment and more. We had a blast during our visit last weekend, and can't wait to return!
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.