Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, Universal Orlando, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
This week’s theme park highlights:
- While we're still quite a few months away from celebrating the Christmas holidays, dinner packages have gone on sale for the Candlelight Processional. The processional is one of the most beautiful and moving holiday events in Disney World, retelling the Biblical story of a savior born to a virgin in Bethlehem backed by an orchestra and choir. A partial lineup of narrators has also been released with first-timers Sharon and Stone and Ana Gasteyer joining returning narrators Whoopi Goldberg, Jodi Benson and others.
- "Frozen Summer Fun" got under way this week at Disney's Hollywood Studios with Anna, Elsa and Kristoff making their debut in a royal processional down Hollywood Boulevard!
- For those looking for VIP access to the summer fun, Disney is offering a "Frozen" Summer Fun Premier Package
that guarantees space in a reserved viewing area (no seating) for the processional as well as access to an exclusive dessert party with reserved access to the fireworks.
- Of course, it wouldn't be summer fun without "Frozen" treats, and there are plenty at Disney's Hollywood Studios, including an Olaf carrot cake cupcake with cream cheese frosting and white chocolate Olaf face!
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley finally celebrated it's official opening this week with a red carpet, confetti and cast members cheering on the very first guests. We hope some of you were lucky enough to have made it or will some time this summer, and we want to see and share your photos! Here are the details on how you can share them with us.
- While it was a very big week at Universal Orlando with the opening of Diagon Alley, over on the West Coast construction is progressing on the very first Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios Hollywood.
- The Disney Parks Blog went deep into the heart of Disney's Animal Kingdom to lay to rest one of the biggest myths about the best time to view the animals. You might be surprised at the results!
- Busch Gardens Tampa Bay has a brand-new Pantopia show featuring rescue animals. In "Opening Night Critters," a couple of stagehands "haphazardly find themselves in the spotlight as the human stars in the all-animal production." Sounds like the kind of high jinks the Frog Family won't want to miss!
- Construction is moving at a brisk pace for the I-Drive 360, shopping, attraction and entertainment complex that will be home to The Orlando Eye. What's the Eye, you say? A 420-foot-high observation wheel that will offer views as far as Cape Canaveral.
That’s it for the theme park news this week. Have a great weekend!
If you’re thinking about a trip to Disney World, make sure to check out the other news, tips and information we post to the blog throughout the week. If you’re ready to plan your trip, we recommend you start with our planning pages.