Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, Universal Orlando, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
This week’s theme park highlights:
- Super top secret, but it was revealed that the Sunshine Tree Terrace is now serving Dole Whips! Someone in Magic Kingdom this week, please go on a "mission" for us and confirm the good news :) No doubt, there will be a shorter line (at least for a little while) for Dole Whip at Sunshine Tree Terrace than the main line at Aloha Isle. Also, remember to check that second line at Aloha Isle. It's usually a little shorter.
- The lobby of Disney's Polynesian Village Resort has reopened after months behind the curtains, so to speak, as it underwent remodeling. While the island theme remains, the water fall was reduced, and more seating and new lighting were added.
- We got a sneak peek at the commemorative merchandise that will be available during the Walt Disney World Marathon, which includes a custom MagicBands, T-shirts, pins and vehicle magnets. Makes me want to lace up my running shoes!
- The Disney Parks Blog took us on a virtual tour of the beautifully decorated Christmas trees of the Disney World resorts, and they are absolutely breath-taking. If you didn't make it this year to see them in person, it's a perfectly good time to resolve to see them next year.
- Freeze the Night, a nighttime "Frozen"-themed dance party, has made its debut at Disney California Adventure. The family-friendly event, includes a DJ spinning tunes, a dance troupe called the Ice Breakers, and meet-and-greets from Elsa's snow monster, Marshmallow. Here is an update on the opening of all of the other "Frozen" fun coming to the park.
That’s it for the theme park news this week. Have a great weekend!
If you’re thinking about a trip to Disney World, make sure to check out the other news, tips and information we post to the blog throughout the week. If you’re ready to plan your trip, we recommend you start with our planning pages.