Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here Are This Week’s Theme Park Highlights:
- Come on ride the train (woot, woot)! Not only is the all-new Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway attraction opening March 4, 2020, at Disney's Hollywood Studios ... it's opening with FastPass+ available! Guests can now make FastPass+ reservations for the attraction on opening day and beyond in My Disney Experience. The ride will open as a Tier 1 FastPass+ attraction (along with Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run and Slinky Dog Dash). If you aren't able to lock down a FastPass, no worries! Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway will also have a standby line available. Are you planning to hop aboard the zany train with Mickey, Minnie and Conductor Goofy? Let us know what you're most excited for in the comments below!
- If you've ever wanted a private photo shoot with a Disney PhotoPass photographer all to yourself, here's your chance! Magic Kingdom is piloting a new add-on experience called "Capture Your Moment." The experience allows guests to book time (20-minute increments, to be precise) with a Disney PhotoPass photographer for a personalized photo session during regular park hours. This could be a perfect pick for special moments such as family reunions, graduations, engagements, anniversaries or birthdays! Capture Your Moment sessions can be reserved beginning Feb. 10, 2020, by calling 407-939-7758.
- A dream is a wish your heart makes ... we just love Cinderella! Can you believe "Cinderella" is celebrating its 70th anniversary?! You can join in the celebration with themed foods across Disney Parks, such as the toadally adorable Greedy Gus Gus Cupcake pictured above. The chocolate cupcake with peanut butter fluff filling, peanut butter buttercream, fondant ears and a chocolate "cheese" wedge can be found at the Food Courts of Disney's All-Star Resorts. Have you tried any of these boo-tiful treats?
- Fishy Green Ale is now available at Universal Studios Hollywood! The minty bubble tea drink, originally only found at The Leaky Cauldron inside The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley at Universal Studios Florida, has made its way to the Three Broomsticks in the Wizarding World Hollywood. Fishy Green Ale, Butterbeer or Pumpkin Juice? Decisions, decisions!
- As if we needed even more reason to love SeaWorld Orlando's Seven Seas Food Festival ... 21 new artists have been added to the concert lineup! Come for the food and stay for amazing performances from Gin Blossoms, Grand Funk Railroad and Blue Oyster Cult, Vanilla Ice and C+C Music Factory, AJR and Hunter Hayes, just to name a few. (Leap will be thrilled to know that he is joining me Feb. 15 for the Pop 2000 Tour, hosted by Lance Bass of 'N Sync with O-Town, Ryan Cabrera and LFO! Love you, Leap ... don't worry, we'll hop back for Everclear on April 18!)
- "I'm going to Disney World!" Super Bowl LIV MVP Patrick Mahomes visited Magic Kingdom to celebrate the Kansas City Chiefs' epic win. Disney Parks Blog livestreamed the parade, so if you didn't catch the excitement live, don't miss the replay here!
- And speaking of sports, just in time for patio season in Orlando (OK, maybe that's most of the year in Orlando), Disney Springs' newest restaurant is open and ready for business! City Works Eatery & Pour House is a top-notch restaurant and sports bar, with over 90 beers on tap for you to enjoy while you watch the big game. Located on the West Side across from House of Blues, City Works offers up a huge outdoor bar to soak up the sun and enjoy a cold one, as well as an interior eatery to enjoy the AC with the tadpoles.
- Soarin' Over California is returning to Disney California Adventure for a limited run during Food & Wine Festival in 2020! We can smell the orange groves already!
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.