Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here Are This Week's Theme Park Highlights:
- Oh boy! Mickey's Toontown at Disneyland Resort has officially opened to the public as of March 19, 2023! The space was renovated with the intention of maintaining an inclusive environment for every single guest in the park. The revamped area now includes two brand-new interactive play places, new characters to meet (including Steamboat Pete!) and two novelty restaurants (Café Daisy and Good Boy! Grocers).
- Giddy up! Roundup Rodeo BBQ is now open in Toy Story Land at Disney's Hollywood Studios. The new table-service restaurant serves up all-you-care-to-eat, house-smoked meats, salads, sides and desserts. We toadally love the theming too — the toy world is fully brought to life (and you feel like you're a toy yourself). Check out our full review for all of our thoughts on this hoppin' spot!
- May the Fourth be with you! The May the Fourth celebration at Disneyland Resort has expanded into a full-fledged, monthlong celebration of Star Wars. During the month of May, the parks will pay tribute to the classic, 1970s cinematic space epic in many ways, including the return of Hyperspace Mountain (from May 1 to June 3), out-of-this-world eats and new galactic encounters.
- Looking for some bone-chilling fun? Tickets to Halloween Horror Nights 2023 at Universal Orlando Resort are now on sale. This year's event will run for a record-breaking 44 nights, operating on a larger scale than any previous Universal Orlando Resort Halloween Horror Nights ever has before. Guests can purchase single-night tickets, Express passes, Behind-the-Screams tickets and R.I.P. tours for this event!
- Disney Parks are kicking off the spring season in a hoptastic way! Starting April 9, guests can enjoy a wide selection of Easter-themed treats at Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort. Some delicacies available in the parks and hotels at Walt Disney World Resort are the Thumper Carrot Cake and the Carrot Cake Milkshake. At Disneyland Resort, guests can taste Strawberry Mickey Wands, Waffle Cookie Shotz and many other fresh, springtime delights!
- SeaWorld Orlando is now conducting test runs for its newest attraction, Pipeline: The Surf Coaster. Although the exact opening date of this ride has yet to be announced, it is set to open sometime this spring. Using wave-like inversions, the ride will simulate various surfing maneuvers and make guests feel as though they're truly hanging ten!
- Get ready to scream in the spring! Beginning this month, Six Flags Magic Mountain will combine Halloween and Spring Break themes to host the ultimate spooktacular springtime event, Scream Break! From March 18 to April 16, the after-hours event will offer guests the opportunity to experience two haunted mazes and three scare zones — all with a spine-tingling spring break twist!
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.