Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here Are This Week's Theme Park Highlights:
- We’re halfway to the holidays, and Disney has gifted us with some very merry details! Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party will return to Magic Kingdom on select dates from Nov. 8 to Dec. 22, with entertainment favorites such as Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks, Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade and of course, complimentary cookies and hot cocoa. Party guests can also enjoy holiday overlays on Jungle Cruise, Space Mountain, Tomorrowland Speedway, Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor and Mad Tea Party. Tickets go on sale July 7, and your favorite frogs will be offering them with a discount. Ho, ho, ho!
- In addition to the return of Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, Walt Disney World Resort will transform into a wintry wonderland beginning Nov. 11. Park icons will become wrapped in festive overlays, EPCOT’s Candlelight Processional will return for Festival of the Holidays, which will kick off Nov. 25, and Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind will feature some holiday jingles as you save the universe. Oh what fun, indeed!
- Disney also announced the return of holiday nighttime spectaculars at Disneyland Resort! Believe … in Holiday Magic fireworks show and (drumroll, please!) World of Color — Season of Light will return this year! Dates are forthcoming, so stay tuned for more details.
- For those of you horror fans attending Halloween Horror Nights — well, in order to get to the holidays, you'll need to face The Grabber and the Butcher in "The Horrors of Blumhouse" haunted house first. This newly announced house combines the deceptive serial killers from "The Black Phone" and "Freaky." Guests at both Orlando and Hollywood will have to outrun the demented magician and cursed high school girl.
- We've loved seeing Mirabel over at Disney California Adventure. And ever since her debut at Disneyland Resort, we've been patient, steadfast and steady, waiting for her to come to Walt Disney World Resort. Now, it's finally hoppening! Starting June 26, Mirabel is joining the Disney Adventure Friends Cavalcade at Magic Kingdom (but won't be meeting guests individually). I am ready, come on, I'm ready!
- That's not all of this week's Disney World character news! As of July 6, Minnie Mouse joins Mickey Mouse at Town Square Theater in their EARidescent outfits, and Chip 'n' Dale's Campfire Sing-A-Long returns to Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground. Beginning July 10, Peter Pan and Snow White will return to greet guests in Fantasyland, and Star Wars Launch Bay at Hollywood Studios reopens July 17, including meet-and-greets with Chewbacca, BB-8 and Darth Vader. Even more characters — including Aladdin, Jasmine, Merida and others at Magic Kingdom, the toy soldiers at Hollywood Studios and Donald's Dino-Bash! at Animal Kingdom — will return for greetings in the coming months.
- Bring out your best red, white and blue, and celebrate Independence Day at Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal Orlando Resort! Universal Studios Hollywood has extended its Fourth of July festivities throughout the holiday weekend from July 2 to 4. There will be nightly fireworks at 9 p.m., as well as live music, character greetings and more entertainment. Meanwhile, the Fourth of July festivities at Universal Orlando will hoppen on the day of and will include a live band, DJ, stilt walkers, character greetings and a pyrotechnic display at 9 p.m. On both coasts, all is included with the price of admission.
- Speaking of the Fourth of July, Disney has released a patriotic foodie guide filled with treats that will light up your taste buds. The majority of offerings will be available at both Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort for the entire holiday weekend from July 1 to 4 (though some may pop up early or stick around for a bit longer). The Firecracker Churro at California Churro is calling my name!
- Time to get your groove on! SeaWorld Orlando has added a new concert series to its Electric Ocean summer event. Beginning July 9, concerts will take place every Saturday and Sunday at 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. at the Nautilus Theater. The lineup includes Blue Öyster Cult, Jefferson Starship, Fuel, Parmalee and more.
- The Disney Wish arrived at its home port for the very first time! Earlier this week, Captains Mickey and Minnie Mouse welcomed the new Disney Cruise Line ship to Port Canaveral, as “When You Wish Upon a Star” played from its horn. Disney Parks Blog will be live streaming the Disney Wish christening ceremony at 11 a.m. ET on June 29. Not too long after, the maiden voyage is set to begin July 14.
@undercovertourist 🚨 Check out all the recent news announcements from your favorite theme parks with our friend @thedavidvaughn ! 🙌 Hop to our blog (link in bio) for more details! #undercovertourist #disneynews #themeparknews #themeparks #themeparkfan ♬ Disney-style comical orchestra(475679) - EBISU MUSIC
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.