Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, Universal Orlando, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
It was a short news week with the holiday, but here are this week’s theme park highlights:
- Disney is expected to roll out MyMagic+ to Disneyland and its other properties in the next couple of years, according to an Orlando Sentinel article. Tom Staggs, chairman of the Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, says that guests should not expect carbon copies of the MyMagic+ system in place at Disney World, which includes MyDisneyExperience and FastPass+. He also said that while MyMagic+ is fully rolled out at Disney World, the powers that be are looking at adding additional features and functionality.
- The Universal Orlando Resort will be celebrating 25 years in 2015. Behind the Thrills explores what will be happening at the parks this year.
- There has been a baby boom in recent weeks at SeaWorld Orlando. A penguin baby boom to be exact! With eight hatchlings calling the park's Antarctica attraction home. While the chicks are being raised by their moms and dads in an area visible to guests, it's not easy to spot the small, huddled furry flock.
- It was a big week for Rose Bowl teams Florida State and Oregon, who both headed to Disneyland ahead of their big game! Congrats to the Ducks, who pulled off a 59-20 win over the Seminoles.
- As if you needed more motivation, the Disney Parks Blog has offered up 15 reasons to visit Disney World in 2015!
That’s it for the theme park news this week. Have a great weekend and a hoppy New Year!
If you’re thinking about a trip to Disney World, make sure to check out the other news, tips and information we post to the blog throughout the week. If you’re ready to plan your trip, we recommend you start with our planning pages.