Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here Are This Week’s Theme Park Highlights:
- Walt Disney World's Caribbean Beach Resort has been undergoing refurbishment for a bit, and we're excited to hear news on two new dining locations! Sebastian's Bistro (as in, The Little Mermaid's Sebastian!) will replace Shutters as a table-service spot with casual Latin and Caribbean dining and gorgeous views. Centertown Market will offer quick service and grab 'n' go options with indoor street market vibes.
- Tonight's the night! Included in your regular SeaWorld admission, today only you can experience Thrill Fest Ride Night. Experience ride favorites like Mako, Manta, Journey to Atlantis and Kraken Unleashed will be open to ride until midnight, and happy hour drink specials will be extended at Flamecraft Bar and Sharks Underwater Grill Bar until 11 p.m.
- Get our your maracas, 'cause Aquatica is dancing into fall with a first-annual Fiesta event Sept, 1-30, with live entertainment on the beaches on Saturdays and Sundays. The event is included with regular park admission, and guests can enjoy the special edition fun as well as yummy Latin-inspired food.
- Beware of that infamous white mask ... Michael Myers is back to haunt you like never before at both Halloween Horror Nights Orlando and Hollywood. Following the plot of Halloween 4, Myers has escaped prison and is after his niece, determined to destroy everything in his path ... including you.
- If you've kept an eye on our Instagram story this week, you'll have hopped along our sneak peek of Universal Orlando's new Aventura hotel. The hotel is great for families and offers modern technological touches that everyone will enjoy ... as well as delicious dining options and a rooftop bar. Yes, please! We can't wait to stay. (And you can, too! Check out our great deals available now.)
- Fall has arrived at Walt Disney World! We're headed to the very first Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party of the season tonight to enjoy the return of our favorite seasonal entertainment and explore the new ride overlays. Keep an eye out on our social media to follow along on our adventures, and be sure to check out our post next week for this year's updates!
- Speaking of which, Disney has just revealed the newest fall-inspired treats to be available throughout the spooky season and some exclusively at Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. The highlights for us that we deem most Instagram-worthy and mouth-watering are the Hades Nachos and Hitchhiking Ghost Dessert. YUM.
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.