Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here Are This Week’s Theme Park Highlights:
- EPCOT's new Leave a Legacy display has arrived! The colorful (and huge!) display showcases the park's former Leave a Legacy tiles, which were available from 1999 to June 2007, and offered guests the opportunity to have their pictures taken and etched onto steel tiles. Those tiles were removed in 2019, though Walt Disney World reassured guests that they'd be back — and boy are they beautiful! The current display is only the first of several, and is part of the park's main entrance reimagining, along with EPCOT's new fountain. Guests can use their smartphone to scan the QR code at the display, located just outside of the main entrance touch points, to utilize the new tile finder search feature.
- Hungry for more Knott's Berry Farm food events? Berry good news! In March, Knott's Taste of Boysenberry Festival will allow you to get your fill of the park's signature berry ... over 65 eats' and drinks' worth, to be precise! Much like past tasting events, guests will need to purchase a tasting lanyard in advance, which will be available beginning Feb. 16. Until then, we'll be dreaming of boysenberries.
- While guests have been able to get a tiny taste of the closed Disney California Adventure Park with the expansion of the Downtown Disney District, more is coming! In March, Disney California Adventure reportedly will offer a ticketed food event! Woohoo! While more details are TBD, you know your favorite froggy friends will keep you updated with the latest news. You can stay tuned on all that's hoppening here (including the dining options currently available in Downtown Disney. Just don't ask us how many churros we've eaten.).
- "I'm going to Disney World!" While there was no Super Bowl parade at Magic Kingdom this year, there was still lots of celebrating going on! In honor of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' big win, Cinderella Castle was lit up red and blue. And Super Bowl LV winner Rob Gronkowski (Gronk!) made a visit to the parks too! Hop here to see all of the fun he had ... including a lightsaber fight!
- SeaWorld Orlando's Seven Seas lineup is here! From Feb. 13 to May 9, groove along with the likes of Air Supply, Vanilla Ice and Jesse McCartney, to name just a few, plus several tribute bands. The event itself will run Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from Feb. 5 to May 9, and will feature drool-worthy eats, plus craft beer, wine and spirits.
- The Liberty Belle journeyed back into the Rivers of America at Magic Kingdom! After a refurbishment to the riverboat's track, water is back in Rivers of America and the Liberty Belle is once more setting sail. But getting her from the dry dock, where she stayed for the duration of the refurbishment, back to her home in Rivers of America was no easy task. Teams worked together overnight to sail her through Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon, around Disney’s Contemporary Resort and crossing in front of Magic Kingdom Park. They then towed her by hand through a narrow water channel before underwater divers reconnected her to the newly refurbished track. Whew!
- Universal Orlando shared a 360-degree video of Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure this week! The only question is, are you a bike or sidecar type of rider? Don't froget to wave at Fluffy!
- The good times are rollin' at Universal Orlando! Mardi Gras is back in full swing for 2021, featuring festive food, gorgeous floats and a ton of family fun. See for yourself!
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.