Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here Are This Week’s Theme Park Highlights:
- News for Star Wars fans on both coasts! Coming to Galaxy's Edge in 2019 at both Walt Disney World and Disneyland is Oga's Cantina, your local galactic traveler outpost. A droid will be DJ-ing, while the restaurant serves up kids' choices and adult libations. With Oga's Cantina, this is the first time alcohol will be served at Disneyland Park outside of the ultra-exclusive Club 33. We're curious to hear more about the mixed drink offerings!
- Disneyland shared a sneak peek of what to expect at The Tropical Hideaway when it debuts later this year. The new Adventureland "marketplace" is serving up some of favorites from Pandora in Walt Disney World: yummy bao buns and sweet pineapple lumpia! With river views and tiki torches alit, this place is sure to be a fan favorite.
- Halloween Horror Nights Orlando is starting to take shape for 2018 with scare zones gradually appearing within Universal Studios Florida. Spooky decor and mischievous props are popping up all over, building anticipation for much of the 80s-themed horror fun.
- The Epcot International Food and Wine Festival kicked off yesterday in Walt Disney World! We were hot on the scene (quite literally) as we braved the sun to sip and sample away around the world ... and Future World. We've got the full report ... and I bet you're dying to hear my verdict on the Key Lime Mimosa!
- After 22 years running, Universal Studios Hollywood's Jurassic Park Ride is going extinct Monday. The action-packed, dino-inspired ride is stepping down to make way for a more modern take on the Jurassic films. As a Chris Pratt fan, I can't complain there!
- Feeding the sea lions is *literally* my favorite part of any trip to SeaWorld, so I was super excited to read about the Sea Lions Up-Close Tour. The Orlando Sentinel's Kathleen Christiansen takes us behind the scenes to play with some of our favorite critters ... and we might have to do this for ourselves!
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.