Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here are this week’s theme park highlights:
- 2018 Pro Bowl week activities are off to a hoppin' start right now at Walt Disney World. Returning for its second year at the ESPN Wide World of Sports, the Pro Bowl festivities include access to watching players practice, mascots, NFL cheerleaders and more! Football-related activities and immersive exhibits make this the place to be for football fans this weekend, leading up to Sunday's game.
- Disneyland has announced that Ballast Point Brewery will be coming to its Downtown Disney District in late 2018. The 7,000-square foot space will house a three-barrel research and development brewery, restaurant and outdoor beer garden. We can't wait to hop on over to this family-friendly hangout!
- Over at Disney World, Food + Wine went deep inside the belly of food operations, to a place called Disney's Flavor Lab. It's the place where the resort's newest menu items and drink are cooked up, tested and revised until ready for show time.
- A Celebration of Harry Potter kicks off today at Universal Orlando Resort and takes place through Sunday. This year introduces new experiences, including a glimpse behind the scenes of Cursed Child, as well as existing favorites like the Sorting Hat. Follow along on Twitter and Instagram to keep up with our adventures!
- Universal Orlando Resort has welcomed another new sweet treats location! Honk Honkers in Universal's Islands of Adventure's Seuss Landing is next on our must-eat list. Topping traditional paper cones or "unicorn pops" will be a selection of blue raspberry, pink vanilla, birthday cake, apple, grape or jolly berry gourmet cotton candy.
- Disneyland's Main Street is looking a bit different lately! As the park works to replace the track for its horse-drawn street car, walls have been installed around Town Square and the hub. Worry not, fellow shoppers, the walls aren't impacting the shops, and the refurbishment is expected to finish this spring!
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.