Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here are this week’s theme park highlights:
- Disney CEO Bob Iger shared a flyover video of progress on construction of Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge at the Disneyland Resort during the annual shareholder meeting, and now you can see it too. This highly themed, immersive land set on the planet of Batuu will be home to two new rides, restaurants and shops. Galaxy's Edge will also be coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World Resort. Both are set to open in 2019.
- In celebration of Animal Kingdom's upcoming 20th anniversary, Walt Disney World has announced A Path Less Traveled Tour. Immersing guests with unforgettable elephant encounters, birds nest exploration, VIP viewing for Rivers of Light and more, this limited-time tour is available for $59 from April 1 to May 5. We think this might be an experience worth hopping on!
- Disneyland Resort shared details on Pixar Fest (AKA the reason behind our next trip to the West Coast!) taking place April 13 through Sept. 3. New decor, themed food and beverage, merchandise items and atmosphere entertainment will accompany the welcome of "Together Forever – A Pixar Nighttime Spectacular" and the return of "Paint the Night."
- Universal Orlando Resort offered a preview of what's to come at Voodoo Doughnut, opening this spring. Maple Bacon Bar, Grape Ape and Neopolitan are only a few of the many unique flavors on the menu from the highly anticipated CityWalk doughnut shop coming this spring. Can you hear our stomachs growling?
- As if Disney World wasn't already stacked with fun activities, a new 15-hole FootGolf course has been added to Disney's Oak Trail Golf Course. (Imagine golf, but with a soccer ball.) Costing $15 for resort guests, FootGolf can become part of your vacation plans beginning March 25. We might have to take Tad for a round!
- You can now find out all you need to know about Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal Orlando Resort via Amazon Alexa. Universal Skill for Amazon Alexa provides park hours, wait times, show times and points of interest with voice command. You can only imagine how many times Leap has already asked Alexa just for fun how long the wait is for Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey.
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.