Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here Are This Week’s Theme Park Highlights:
- The opening of Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge at the Disney World Resort is almost here! And now, you can book reservations for the brand-new land's experiences, including Oga's Cantina, Savi's Workshop and Droid Depot. You can make a reservation now for opening day, Aug. 29, 2019! Reservations will be available for dates up to 180 days out. Til the Spires!
- Likewise, Droid Depot reservations at Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge at Disneyland are now available. You can book your droid building experience up to 14 days in advance. (Tad is already planning on building as many BB- and R-Series units as his birthday money will buy!)
- You know how we froggies love skipping the lines! Disneyland Resort continues to expand its Mobile Order locations, with more than 30 restaurants offering the service, allowing guests to order and pay using the Disneyland app, then pick up goodies at a special Mobile Order window. Most recently, Adorable Snowman Frosted Treats at California Adventure and Mint Julep Bar at Disneyland Park have added this capability. You can learn all about how Mobile Order service works here. (Psst ... Mobile Order is one of our best tips to maximize your time while at the Disneyland Resort!)
- Welcome, foolish mortals, to a month-long celebration for the 50th anniversary of The Haunted Mansion! Starting today at the Disneyland Resort, you can find spooky-special eats and treats to commemorate the occasion, and the park will be hosting special after hours events to ring in 50 years of happy haunts. Both Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort will offer commemorative apparel, accessories and collectibles, including Wishables plushies featuring ghosts from the iconic attraction.
- Aug. 16 is National Roller Coaster Day, and SeaWorld Orlando is celebrating by offering extended park hours, special coaster chats and even BOGO drink specials! Learn all about Mako with operations and ride maintenance employees, then ride the coaster (and the park's other thrill rides) until 11 p.m.! Woohoo!
- Houses based on Jordan Peele's "Us" are coming to Halloween Horror Nights in both Orlando and Hollywood! Much like the film, the houses will feature coast-to-coast tunnels surrounding the Tethered.
- In news that puts stars in our eyes, the beloved Main Street Electrical Parade is back for a limited time at Disneyland! You can catch its dazzling comeback in the video above.
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.