Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here Are This Week’s Theme Park Highlights:
- It's the most wonderful time of the year! OK, not quite, but Walt Disney World Resort has gifted us with some festively fun news regarding Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, taking place select dates in November and December. This year, for the first time ever, some of Magic Kingdom's attractions will be getting in the holiday spirit! Tomorrowland Speedway, Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor, Space Mountain and the Mad Tea Party will all have special holiday overlays for the party. Ho, ho, ho!
- Christmas time is coming to the west coast, too! The Disneyland Resort has announced this year's holiday dates. From Nov. 8, 2019, through Jan. 6, 2020, the resort will be decking its halls with holiday decor, entertainment, food and merchandise. There are also limited-time experiences available to enjoy such as "World of Color - Season of Light" at California Adventure and the "Believe .. in Holiday Magic" fireworks show at Disneyland Park.
- The Happiest Place on Earth has a new four-legged cast member! Bert the horse started his job pulling carriages on Main Street, U.S.A. While the gray Percheron Draft Horse came to Disneyland with his name, he definitely reminds us of a certain chimney sweep ... Chim chim cher-ee ...
- Walt Disney World Resort is introducing some brand new ways to ring in the new year on property! Two of the party options are even at new resorts: Mezzanotte at Topolino’s: An Italian Masquerade at Disney’s Riviera Resort and Feliz Año Nuevo: A New Year’s Eve Party at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort. Yes, please! (Or should we say "sì?")
- Are you partied out yet? No? Good! This year's Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Parties have so many toadally new enhancements in store, including new floats in the "Boo to You" parade. Keep an eye out for an all-new Tomorrowland unit featuring the Incredibles and Buzz Lightyear. Mickey and Minnie will also be donning new Halloween costumes for the occasion.
- Killer Klowns from Outer Space are coming to Halloween Horror Nights at both Universal Orlando and Universal Studios Hollywood! The all-new mazes, based on the cult 1980s film, will transport guests to a circus tent, where the sweet smells of ice cream and cotton candy fill the air ... before the murderous klowns come, that is. Eep!
- "Jurassic World" stars Bryce Dallas Howard and Chris Pratt hopped over to Universal Studios Hollywood this week for the grand opening of Jurassic World: The Ride. After Chris Pratt reconnected with beloved velociraptor, Blue, onstage during the ceremony, both Pratt and Howard took the plunge on the new attraction.
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.