Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here Are This Week’s Theme Park Highlights:
- It's the hoppiest time of year for college football fans, but perhaps it's just a bit more fun if you're a player. Players from the Rose-Bowl bound Ohio State Buckeyes and Washington Huskies met up ahead of the game off the field for the time-honored visit to Disneyland and took a spin on the Incredicoaster!
- Those of you not lucky enough to visit the theme parks this holiday week can at least gather round the desktop or laptop to ring in the new year virtually because Disney's "Fantasy in the Sky" fireworks show will be live streamed from Magic Kingdom. It starts Dec. 31 at 11:45 p.m. EST.
- Disney's Christmas gift to all of us was a two-minute, behind-the-scenes sneak peek at Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, which is set to open summer 2019 at Disneyland and fall 2019 at Walt Disney World. The video offered on-ride views of both Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run and Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
- Instead of ho-ho-hos, Universal Orlando's official parks blog brought the hahahas this week with its video capturing "real" (not) reactions of fans entering the Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade inside Universal's Islands of Adventure.
- Speaking of Islands of Adventure, Attractions Magazine captured a rare sighting of Kitty Softpaws from "Puss in Boots" fame meeting guests in the parks.
- Last but not least, I leave you Starbucks and Disney fans with hoppy news! The two have released You Are Here mugs for each of the Disney theme parks. Even better, the mugs are available online and retail for $16.99 plus tax!
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.