Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here Are This Week’s Theme Park Highlights:
- Good news for roller coaster fans! SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment released new opening dates for several of its highly anticipated roller coasters across the country. Ice Breaker is set to open first in February 2022 at SeaWorld Orlando. Then, in March 2022, Iron Gwazi will start thrilling guests at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay and Emperor will take its first dive at SeaWorld San Diego. In other SeaWorld ride updates, an opening date for Pantheon at Busch Gardens Williamsburg is also coming soon, and SeaWorld San Antonio will introduce a new screamin' swing ride called Tidal Surge in spring 2022.
- This news is music to my ears: The Dapper Dans will return Sept. 3 at Disneyland! This week, the fan-favorite barbershop quartet held its first rehearsal in over a year. They're busy preparing a special setlist of songs, jokes and dance numbers for Halloween Time. Expect to hear old favorites with an extra jazzy flavor.
- To kick off the first-ever World Princess Week, Disney shared more details about the upcoming "The Princess and the Frog" retheming coming to Splash Mountain at both Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort. The attraction's storyline will take place right after the movie's final scenes. Tiana, with some help from Naveen and Louis, is hosting a grand Mardi Gras celebration, and she's taking you along for the adventure in the bayou!
- ICYMI: Magic Key passes are now on sale at Disneyland Resort! If you're a local or frequent visitor, you have four options that offer varying levels of cost, flexibility and choice.
- Universal Orlando gave a shriek peek at the Halloween Horror Nights Tribute Store. The ever-changing, immersive gift shop once again features highly themed rooms filled with event merchandise. Outside, the facade resembles a creepy, dilapidated haunted house. Once you step inside, the eerie feeling doesn't fade away, as you see cobwebbed chandeliers and portraits of Halloween Horror Nights icons. Specialty treats such as candy brains and "blood-soaked" popcorn are also available.
- I'll take one of everything, s'il vous plaît! Disney shared the menu for La Crêperie de Paris, which will open Oct. 1 in France at EPCOT. The restaurant will serve savory galettes, sweet crêpes and traditional Brittany hard ciders. Do you want a leisurely meal or a quick snack to go? La Crêperie de Paris will offer both a prix fixe menu (includes a side of soup or salad, one savory galette, one dessert crêpe and a glass of hard cider, soda or juice) and a walk-up window.
- Just a few steps away from the crêperie, Remy's Ratatouille Adventure will use a free virtual queue once it opens Oct. 1. Similar to the virtual queue for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, guests with valid admission and a Disney Park Pass reservation for EPCOT can join a Boarding Group via the My Disney Experience app at either 7 a.m. (from anywhere) or 1 p.m. (must have entered the park).
- Lovepop and Pelé Soccer will join the lineup of specialty retailers at the Downtown Disney District in the coming months. Lovepop is known for its 3D pop-up cards and paper art gifts, while Pelé Soccer is the ultimate soccer destination for official jerseys, sports apparel and more.
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.