Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here are this week’s theme park highlights:
- SeaWorld San Diego is getting a new coaster in 2018. Electric Eel will be a 150-foot launch coaster that rolls along 853 feet of track with a top speed of 62 mph. For you coaster fans, Electric Eel is an installation of Premiere Ride's Sky Rocket. Electric Eel will be similar to Tempesto at Busch Gardens Williamsburg. Head over to SeaWorld's video to get a better idea of this twisting coaster.
- Tequila! A new dining option is headed to the Mexico Pavilion at Epcot in early 2017.
Choza Tequila will be an authentic outdoor tequileria offering hand-crafted margaritas and classic Mexican cuisine. This is good news for those of you that enjoy the "challenge" of enjoying adult beverages at each World Showcase pavilion. Just be safe.
- LEGOLAND Florida teamed up with Kids Bop for a new music video for the LEGO Ninjago theme song “The Weekend Whip.” This catchy tune arrives just in time for LEGO NINJAGO World's opening on Jan. 12. Good luck getting this tune out of your head the rest of the week.
- Foodies with an eye (or taste) for storytelling through food will enjoy the new Delicious Disney dinner series at Disney World. Each event will feature members of the Disney Culinary teams serving different themed plates and dinners in unique locations. The Orlando Sentinel has a full rundown of the different dinners.
- At Disney Springs, the Characters in Flight balloon will be replaced with a new design. The new balloon will be themed to match the "World's Fair" theme of the Westside area.
- Get ready to awwww. Disney's Animal Kingdom has a new resident! Stella, a female elephant calf, recently began exploring the savannah at Kilimanjaro Safaris. She is the seventh elephant born at the park.
- Did you know there is a secret warehouse where all the old Disneyland attractions are stored? Well, that's what we're lead to believe in this nostalgic commercial for the return of the Main Street Electrical Parade. Good luck spotting all the hidden references and gems from Disneyland's past.
- SeaWorld Orlando announced its Praise Wave performers. TobyMac, Francesca Battistelli and Skillet will perform at this Christian-music event held over three weekends in January.
- Jimmy Fallon dropped by the "Ellen" show and gave some details about his Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon attraction that will be opening at Universal Studios Florida this year. Do you think Ellen—who stars in Universe of Energy at Epcot—gave him any theme park attraction hosting tips?
- Good luck to all of our friends participating in the 2017 Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend. Chip and Co. has a listing of all the events if you want to cheer on your favorite runner or visit the runDisney Health and Fitness Expo.
That’s it for the theme park news this week. Have a great weekend!