Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting news surrounding Disney and the Orlando theme parks. Oh, and a little bit of personal Frog Family news. Mommy Frog has taken over the weekly roundup! Yes, she is much more into the food, dining and shopping than I am and she asked me if she could bring her voice to it.
This week’s highlights:
- While we'll be writing more about SeaWorld's Halloween Spooktacular in the coming weeks, we wanted to share with you the highlights from our very fun day at this beautiful park! Tad and Lily had so much fun trick-or-treating, and of course, SeaWorld puts its own spin on the holiday. Check out Tad's video!
- Starting Oct. 31, all table service restaurants at the Walt Disney World Resort will require a credit card guarantee for the reservation. Additionally, any reservation not cancelled before 11:59 p.m. the night before will be assessed a $10 fee. Ostensibly this will cut down on guests making multiple dining reservations and increase availability. What do you think about the changes? Share in comments below.
- As if you needed another excuse to visit Epcot this fall besides the Food & Wine Festival, Karamell-Küche in Germany has added a slew of new caramel delights, including an apple tart, sea salt fudge brownie, caramel toffee bark and caramel cheesecake with chocolate. Yum! I know we just got back from Epcot, but is it too soon to start planning a return visit!?
- No, you're eyes are not deceiving you. The kiosks at Epcot International Food & Wine Festival have gotten larger, and guests can see more chefs prepping and cooking than in years past. Dewayne Bevil at the Orlando Sentinel found out the reasons why.
- More exciting Epcot news. Anna and Elsa, the stars of Disney’s coming animated film “Frozen” will be greeting guests at the park inside Norway starting this November.
- While we didn’t run this past weekend in the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10 Miler, we ran into a number of folks who were participating in the race. We loved this look at some of the cool costumes runners wore.
- Have you seen the new WDW Magazine? We're featured in the debut issue of this gorgeous, glossy iPad mag from Carl Trent of Dad's Guide to Walt Disney World.
- Orlando Informer took a look at progress for I-Drive Live, a new entertainment complex that will feature a Sea Life Aquarium, Madam Tussaud’s Wax Museum and the Orlando Eye Ferris wheel, starting New Year’s Eve 2014.
- Behind the Thrills has a peek at the new art promoting the Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley, which is scheduled to open at Universal Orlando sometime in 2014.
- Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom fans will be happy to hear that the game is getting trickier for its hardest level, making it more of a challenge for the most advanced among you (don’t worry, the easy and medium levels have not been modified).
That’s all for this week. Have a great weekend!
If you’re thinking about a trip to Disney World, make sure to check out the other news, tips and information we post to the blog throughout the week. If you’re ready to plan your trip, we recommend you start with our planning pages.
— Mommy Frog