Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, Universal Orlando, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
This week’s theme park news highlights:
- Spice Road Table, a new casual, sitdown eatery in Epcot's Morocco, is expected to sof open Saturday. The dining spot will overlook World Showcase Lagoon. It looks delish!
- For those of you who've always dreamed of owning a Disney World coaster, you've got your chance. A 19 inch by 19 inch wooden coaster used during the Walt Disney World Teddy Bear Convention back in the 1990s is up for grabs on eBay.
- While it was mum on an opening day, Disney revealed more details about the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train coaster this week, including a video with imagineers discussing the work involved in achieving ride car authenticity. My fingers are crossed with hopes that we'll be riding the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train by spring break.
- It's time to do the frog happy dance. We're almost half way through the month of January, and the rest of the month is expected to see low and medium crowd levels.
- Jessica Chastain has taken on the role of the bold and brave Merida in the latest round of Annie Leibovitz photos for Disney Parks, and well, much like with Rapunzel, I just love Merida as Merida. What do you all think?
- It's a new year, with a new set of Vinylmation collections. We think the mini Indy is quite fetching.
- For Potter fans, this is the year to book a trip to Universal for the opening of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley, but there is a lot more to see and do.
- SeaWorld's brand-new Wild Days begins this weekend and will run for the next three weekends, giving guests a chance to get up close with the animals and learn more about SeaWorld's care and rehabilitation efforts.
That’s it for the theme park news this week. Have a great weekend!
If you’re thinking about a trip to Disney World, make sure to check out the other news, tips and information we post to the blog throughout the week. If you’re ready to plan your trip, we recommend you start with our planning pages.
— Mommy Frog