Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
- It's beginning to look a lot like Grinchmas! Holidays at Universal Orlando Resort begin today and will continue through Dec. 31, 2023. Experience Christmas in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, celebrate Grinchmas with Who-ville citizens and the green meanie himself, marvel at the giant balloons in Universal's Holiday Parade featuring Macy's and much more. Learn all about the special holiday festivities in our main event guide!
- The Mardi Gras Float Ride and Dine Experience will return once Mardi Gras starts in February at Universal Studios Florida. If you really want to be a bead thrower on one of the Mardi Gras parade floats, this opportunity allows you to do just that and enjoy a three-course meal at Finnegan's Bar & Grill, Lombard's Seafood Grille, The Cowfish Sushi Burger Bar or NBC Sports Grill & Brew.
- Hoppy (early) birthday, LEGOLAND California — the theme park announced a new "Dino Valley" land for its 25th anniversary. Replacing the current Explorer Land, Dino Valley will feature two rides and experiences, including a play area, character meet and greets and the park's very first parade called Lego World. Sounds like a grand celebration!
- During the IAAPA Expo (International Association of Amusement Parks & Attractions), SeaWorld Orlando unveiled the new ride vehicle for its upcoming roller coaster, Penguin Trek. Designed after a snowmobile, the ride vehicle sports an icy cool design. Penguin Trek will be a family-friendly coaster, featuring two launches and a top speed of 43 mph.
- We may just be getting a taste of summer this winter ... Disney has revealed more details about Summer House on the Lake, which is coming soon to Disney Springs. The California-inspired eatery will offer a Cali-Mex Weekend Brunch, a rosé cart and a cookie bar! The restaurant also promises gorgeous lakeside views and encompasses a perfect summer day.
- Disney Cruise Line celebrates the grand opening of a new terminal at Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. It marks Disney Cruise Line's second year-round homeport in Florida (with the first being Port Canaveral). Starting Nov. 20, the Disney Dream will begin sailing from Port Everglades, followed by the Disney Magic in May, for trips in the Bahamas and the Caribbean.
- We've officially kicked off our 12 days of Disney deals for Black Friday and Cyber Monday — and first up is Walt Disney World adult tickets at child prices, which can save you up to $100 a ticket! This offer will run until Nov. 19, and excludes select tickets. Stay tuned for more deals as the week goes on. Plus, if you haven't already, enter our Black Friday giveaway for two floor seats to see Olivia Rodrigo in Orlando next March during her "Guts" tour.
That's it for theme park news this week.