Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here Are This Week’s Theme Park Highlights:
- Tangaroa Terrace Tropical Bar & Grill has officially reopened at the Disneyland Hotel in California! Located next to Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki Bar, the restaurant now features an updated menu for breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well as an array of grab-and-go pastries, snacks, and of course, Dole Whips (with an optional splash of rum!) for hungry and thirsty park-goers. Inspired by the Enchanted Tiki Room, the restaurant has also incorporated some new tropical details, such as a mural featuring the tiki room birds, perfect for captivating tadpoles during a meal. For frogs on-the-go, the marketplace also offers mobile ordering.
- Exciting news for fright-loving frogs: Dates for Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios Florida have been announced for 2019! Beginning earlier than ever, on select nights from Sept. 6-Nov. 2, 2019, the park will feature haunted houses, scare zones and entertainment for its 29th year. Check out our survival guide for all you need to know about Halloween Horror Nights!
- Need a good laugh? Guy Diamond of "Trolls" fame has gone viral this week after making his debut at Universal Orlando Resort. The naked, glittery troll dances along with Branch, Poppy and guests before turning and ... well ... watch the video to see! Tad and Lily sure got a kick out seeing his antics transfer from the screen to real life!
- Are you ready to see an elephant fly? For a limited time, beginning in March 2019, sneak peeks of the upcoming live-action remake of "Dumbo" will be available at Disneyland, Disney World and Disney Cruise Line. Hop over to catch the preview at the Main Street Opera House in Town Square at Disneyland, Walt Disney Presents at Disney's Hollywood Studios and the Disney Cruise Line during the month of March.
- It's LEGOLAND California's 20th birthday, and they want to celebrate in a toadally awesome way with your tadpoles! Kids ages 3 to 12 can receive FREE admission to the park on their birthday in 2019. Parents just need to present a valid form of identification at the ticket booth to receive the free admission ticket. Hoppy birthday, indeed!
- This summer, Disneyland Paris will become the first Disney theme park to host an official Pride Parade! Magical Pride will take place June 1, 2019 and will include a brand new parade, decorations for the occasion and a dance party (just to name a few magical extras).
- "We're going to Disney World!" After their Super Bowl win, Julian Edelman and Tom Brady of the New England Patriots did just as they promised and visited the Most Magical Place on Earth, taking part in a lightsaber fight and parading down Main Street with the big boss himself, Mickey Mouse.
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.