Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
Here are this week’s theme park highlights:
- Disney just announced June 30 as the official opening date for Toy Story Land at Disney's Hollywood Studios! The new area will offer two new attractions: Alien Swirling Saucers (think of a unique take on Mad Tea Party) and Slinky Dog Dash, a tame coaster featuring Andy's beloved toys. The soda floats at Woody's Lunch Box are already calling our names. We'll be hopping there on opening day ... will you? You can read about everything that is opening at Disney World, Universal and the Orlando theme parks this year.
- At last weekend's D23 event, Disney shared details on Epcot's upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy attraction, opening in 2021. Planned to be one of the world's longest enclosed rollercoasters, the ride will feature a unique story currently being developed by Walt Disney Imagineering and include a new innovative ride system. In the meantime, a "Guardians" stage show starring Gamora and StarLord will entertain Epcot guests beginning this summer.
- Disney's Hollywood Studios has tons of excitement headed its way. Disney shared news that the anticipated Star Wars-themed resort will be connected to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. The new section of the park has been confirmed for opening in 2019.
- Disney also announced that Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway will open in 2019 at the former site of The Great Movie Ride at Hollywood Studios. Guests will be put inside wacky world of a Mickey cartoon short and are promised a catchy new attraction song. This is the first ever Mickey-themed ride at a Disney park ... we can't wait!
- You shopaholics (like moi) have some limited-time goodness you need to hop on at Disney Springs in Disney World. The Disney Corner is a retail spot for women and girls — Disney princesses of all ages!
- As we anxiously await the June 23 opening of Pixar Pier at Disney's California Adventure park, Pixar Fest (and the return of Paint the Night, featuring a new Incredibles float) will launch April 13. Brand new entertainment, Together Forever – A Pixar Nighttime Spectacular, will headline the festivities.
- Universal Studios Hollywood just revealed that its new Kung Fu Panda - The Emperor's Quest attraction will debut this summer. The multi-sensory ride is promised to take you on a wild adventure to unlock the hero within. This Dreamworks film is one of Tad and Lily's favorites, so the ride is sure to be a hit in our frog squad. Hop to our post on everything that's coming to Disneyland and Universal Studios Hollywood for more details.
- Universal Orlando Resort shared news this week that Toothsome Chocolate Emporium & Savory Feast Kitchen has THREE new milkshake flavors. Confetti Shake, Cookie Jar and Peanut Butter and Jelly have made their official menu debut. Which one sounds best to you? PB&J has my vote!
- SeaWorld Orlando's Seven Seas Food Festival kicks off this weekend with more exquisite and exotic flavors than ever before. This food and music fest is a can't-miss for our frog fam! We'll report back next week on our favorite tastes and experiences.
- Disney World's annual ticket price increase took effect Sunday. But you're in luck! We're still holding our current discount prices while supplies last. Don't miss out!
That’s it for the theme park news this week! Have a great weekend.